Sign in to follow this  
iainsmith

Problems using FS2Crew after re-install

I have used this programme before successfully but having had to re-install I'm having problems.

Having re-installed FS2Crew, I uninstalled and re-installed the 737NGX. To make sure I had the latest NGX files I downloaded the base and expansion packs from the PMDG site and installed them.

Having enabled voice control in the Crew configurator and fired up the NGX, when that has initialized I start FS2Crew. The green bar says "FS2Crew voice control started!" and then in the Crew display it says SDK error and a voice says the PMDG 737NGX has not initialized - but it has!

I've checked the panel.cfg file and that appears to have the FS2Crew entries in it.

Can you tell me my next step(s) to get this working, please?

Iain Smith

So 17 people have read this but none of them can help?

Surely somebody knows the answer!

Iain Smith

Surely somebody knows the answer!

To resolve the SDK issue, follow the steps here:

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=pmdg_737_ngx4

Usually it's the result of people using saved situation files.  Default aircraft should always be the trike on the Free Flight screen.

Cheers,

well I really hate cross-posting and I do know how annoying that is... but I really don't know what to do and I feel bad about the fact that I paid quite a bit money for the FS2Crew program, that is not really working now and I won't get any help in the official support forum here?

That's not good at all... :(

Usually it's the result of people using saved situation files. Default aircraft should always be the trike on the Free Flight screen.

I never use saved situations and my default aircraft is the trike as you describe.

Problem solved now and it was the addition of the SDK entry to the ini file that did it, so thanks for your help!

Iain Smith

I never use saved situations and my default aircraft is the trike as you describe.

Problem solved now and it was the addition of the SDK entry to the ini file that did it, so thanks for your help!

Iain Smith

could you please describe a little more detailed what you exactly did?

could you please describe a little more detailed what you exactly did?

The "enable data broadcast" entry was missing from his PMDG 737 Options ini file.

It turns out that some 3rd party liveries will delete this entry when you install them.

More info here:

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=pmdg_737_ngx4