Sign in to follow this  
stratfordman10

PMDG 737 NGX Causing CTD

I am currently experiencing a weird situation whereby on flying in the British Airways livery NGX after about 20 to 40 minutes the sim crashes to my desktop.

Now I can ruin the PMDG 737 NGX house version and the PMDG 777 and I do not experience this issue which is the same with my default aircraft.

I am using P3D and my OS is Windows 7.

Any help would be appreciated please.

Michael

Michael Broom

I am currently experiencing a weird situation whereby on flying in the British Airways livery NGX after about 20 to 40 minutes the sim crashes to my desktop.

Now I can ruin the PMDG 737 NGX house version and the PMDG 777 and I do not experience this issue which is the same with my default aircraft.

Might you be flying the default livery aircraft in different locations than where you'd be flying the BA livery? I ask this because BA usually means LHR, and many people use high resolution scenery, and LHR add-ons tend to be heavy hitters as well. All of that combined will cause a sim crash due to an out of memory error if you do not properly manage your memory use.

If you're going to compare liveries, please make sure that you minimize variables: no weather, same route, same type of day, and so on. I do highly doubt this is related to the livery, however.

Michael

Full names in the forum please - first and last. You can configure an auto-signature in your user settings (click on your user name at the top right of the screen).

Kyle Rodgers

Hi,

I have flown the BA livery in all different locations before with no issues at all.

I am not using LHR to fly out of and during the flight and prior to the CDT I have excellent vas about 1.7 left and frame rates in the 50's.

I still do not understand why it is this livery aircraft that I have the issue whereby the 737 NGX PMDG aircraft is fine.

Further observations would be welcome.

MIchael Broom

Michael Broom

I still do not understand why it is this livery aircraft that I have the issue whereby the 737 NGX PMDG aircraft is fine.

Good question, but the livery has been out for a couple years and there's a lot of users without this complaint so time to do a little digging.  First, what is the nature of the crash? Do you get a message that the sim is shutting down, any other error messages or anything logged in the Event Viewer?  Nice to have additional info to track down what is happening.

Dan Downs KCRP

Many thanks for your reply.

Basically what happens is that the sim screen goes white the sound still carries on in the background.

There is no message re fatal error etc- just a white blank screen.

The vas is still good considering I am using a PMDG aircraft with excellent frame rates.

Further assistance would be appreciated.

Michael

Michael Broom

Basically what happens is that the sim screen goes white the sound still carries on in the background.

Are you dong anything else at the time? Changing between FSX and something else? Using any external programs?

Kyle Rodgers

Confirm you have the HIGHMEMFIX=1 setting in your prepar3d.cfg file as recommended in the Introduction.  Is this happening full screen? Are you using ATI or NVidia GPU? Current driver?

Years ago in FSX some would get a white screen lockup using light bloom but I haven't seen this problem in awhile, interesting.... also what Kyle said of course.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I do not have Highmemfix in my cfg as I was under the impression that it was not needed in P3D.

This all happens in window mode and I am using a Nvidia GPU and I am using driver number 5382 and have not changed to the latest version as I believe it has caused some issues.

Anyway,would welcome further observations.

Michael

Michael Broom

Michael,

Did you note the Blue Screen MS error code in your case? I have had a couple lately with error code 00000124 which is apparently hardware related. Often to do with overheating. There's lots of helpul discussion if you Google on that code. I followed most of it, stripped my machine, cleaned it, reseated all cards and RAM, checked all the fans, updated drivers etc. but too soon to say if this was enough. I didn't reseat the CPU but would do that finally. Even though currently all 4 cores are running comfortably under the high 70's with high loads.

Here in Spain the temps have been well into the mid-high 30's C July/Aug so that adds a cooling burden for the PC of course.   

Good luck with it.

Regards

Gareth

I do not have Highmemfix in my cfg as I was under the impression that it was not needed in P3D.

Correct and I stand corrected.  Please check your Event Viewer in Windows Computer Management. There should be a critical event logged if P3D, PMDG or any module running at the time is involved in your white screen.

Also, check the L-M Prepar3D forum for anyone there that may have run into this. It's the first I've seen reported (assuming you don't get a blue screen) here in a long time... i.e. before Win7.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks for your replies.

I do not get a blue screen just a white one.

I am only running Active Sky Next as an external programme.

This only happens with PMDG 737 NGX-no other aircraft.

Michael

Michael Broom

This only happens with PMDG 737 NGX-no other aircraft.

Full names in the PMDG forums please.

As you know, correlation does not mean causation.  I'd like to help but if you do not provide requested information then there's nothing I can do for you.  Please look at the event viewer to see what Windows is reporting. This may provide an important clue.

It would be nice to blame the NGX but honestly, there are tens of thousands of this simulation out there and yours is the first reported white screen.  That doesn't mean NGX is not causing your problem but if we are going to figure this out then you need to help.

Dan Downs KCRP

I have again used the BA livery 737 NGX and after about 1 hour's flying the white screen suddenly appeared  with sim noise still continuing.

I went to my Event Viewer and although I am not familiar with this  I saw at the time of the crash this info;

Level                                          Date and Time                                    Source                               Event ID   Task Category

Warning                                         27/08/2015 13.29.38                             Display                               4101        None

Warning                                         27/08/2015  12.29.09                                     Kernel-PnP                              219          (212)

Error                                                "  "     "        12.29.08                             WLAN-Autoconfig               1000      None

I hope this may show something and would appreciate further assistance.

Michael

Michael Broom

A simple search on the AVSIM forum yielded this little gem:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/470016-uh-oh-whats-this/

Read post #11 of that and hopefully, this helps.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit