Sign in to follow this  
RobotJB

Triple monitor blackscreen problem (Eyefinity not an option)

I have three monitors (2x 4:3, 1x 16:10) but I cannot run Eyefinity without lots of faffing about.

I can get round this on P3D just by dragging-and-dropping the edges of the application across the 3 monitors, but if I try this on FSXSE it just gives me a black screen one third of the way across the picture.

FSXSE - https://i.imgur.com/Co9ZzDU.jpg

P3D http://i.imgur.com/44LL91j.png works fine.

Is there any way around this?

Edit-oops Windows 7 and AMD 7970, with center monitor on DVI to DVI, side monitors on miniDP to vga (1x active & 1x passive adaptors).  I was told that I should only need 1 active adaptor for the mini display ports to work with Eyefinity, but this is not the case.

Are you running FSX in the windowed mode?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

DaveCT2003,  yes I am and it is really puzzling me why it does this.  I have tried different settings in both FSXSE and CCC without any change.

really strange. other than thinking it has to do with your monitor connection.

probably not relevant, but do you have WideViewAspect=True in fsx.cfg?

Did a complete re-install (windows 7/CCC/Steam & FSXSE) AND tried the WideViewAspect setting and still the same.  Back to P3D I go.

Did a complete re-install (windows 7/CCC/Steam & FSXSE) AND tried the WideViewAspect setting and still the same.  Back to P3D I go.

You won't get one view to display across your three monitors in fsx unless you get Eyefinity to work. That's just the way it is with fsx/fsx_se.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.