Sign in to follow this  
marcom

Announcing: PMDG NGX Remote CDU Server for iOS / Android / etc

So how easy would this be to get set up and running on a Surface 3 tablet? And what would be the steps involved? If it works well, I'll definitely buy it. Would be great to have this available.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

Hi Matt,

I suggest you try the free version and connect to it with your Surface's browser (Internet Explorer?)

If you like the user experience, you can contact me to get the full license.

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

Silly question, do I download the software on my P3D PC or my Surface?

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

Silly question, do I download the software on my P3D PC or my Surface?

just download SimServer on the PC you got your Simulator running, execute it, you should get a little icon on your task bar next to the clock!

run a browser on your surface, enter your local adress (where your Sim is running) with the port included (should be sth like http://192.168.1.xx:32111)

done.... for the trial version you will only be able to view and not interact with the CDU.

on my Win10 systems it works like a 10!

Hello,

could you tell me if there are future plans for other addons?

PMDG 777, Majestic Dash, Aerosoft Airbus etc...?

+1 for PMDG 777

I already made an accrual in my books for it :smile:

of course, provided PMDG issue SDK for 777

Thanks Don for the support. Your description is spot on! :-)

Regarding the B777: you could help me by raising this with PMDG on their forum (that the SDK gets extended).

I guess their willingness would increase if more end-users ask for that.

just download SimServer on the PC you got your Simulator running, execute it, you should get a little icon on your task bar next to the clock!

run a browser on your surface, enter your local adress (where your Sim is running) with the port included (should be sth like http://192.168.1.xx:32111)

done.... for the trial version you will only be able to view and not interact with the CDU.

on my Win10 systems it works like a 10!

+1 for PMDG 777

I already made an accrual in my books for it :smile:

of course, provided PMDG issue SDK for 777

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png

Thanks Don for the support. Your description is spot on! :-)

Regarding the B777: you could help me by raising this with PMDG on their forum (that the SDK gets extended).

I guess their willingness would increase if more end-users ask for that.

you're very welcome!

on the SDK for PMDG T7 I am not so sure end users will have an influence, probably more hopeful if developers push for it...

but besides that, PMDG are not so positive about customers telling them what they should release and what priorities they shoud take... they are top of class in fsx development, they know it and they behave alike! Been in their forum a few times and it is the kind of forum where you should not write anything not compliant with Robert's view, or you would risk to rally all self appointed forum police officers against you! :)

not so sure why the air is so thick in that forum but a modern company should be a bit more willing to listen to their customers.

Oscar,

I think as a company grows it becomes increasingly difficult to make everyone happy. I think PMDG are doing a great job developing aircraft and I can understand they are currently investing all their resources into the B744v2. I don't think the B777 is 'dead' development wise - the NGX was updated to SP1d just this year and that's a 2011 product. And it was that update that made this project possible - so I'm grateful for their dedication to released products.

As mentioned, I have been in contact with PMDG and in general they are open to new ideas and their support team is doing a good job - so let's see what time will bring.

Regards

Mark

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png

Works great using Nexus 7 HD tablet. Make sure you turn on standby power on the overhead. I had the CDU nicely appearing on my tablet but there was no power to it despite the fact the CDU was on in the NGX cockpit. So power up on the overhead and all will be great.

Love it and great price.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

This is easily one of the best Addons since ages. Works great on an LG G-Pad.

Please add my vote for a 777 version !

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

AMAZING kit! :) Running windows 10 at home, Android ASUS 7" tablet with Dolphin browser and this works FLAWLESSLY! :) Just purchased another license for my friend to!!!!

NICE JOB!!!

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

REALLY A-1 app! :good:   Took less than an hour to go from licence request tu full operation. Works perfectly on my Acer Oconiatab.

I now load the 737NGX, go to my comfortable recliner, use TopCat to get all the flight info, put in the Android CDU, and then stroll back to my flight seat, ready to pick up on the checklist.

Many thanks for such a nice app at a very generous price. :Applause:

Neal Howard

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Same here. Extremely happy. Fast responses and very kind support over e-mail. The CDU is working perfectly. It's cosier than ever in the NG. Stunning job, Mark.

Best Regards

Just want to add my thanks to Mark for this as well. less than 5 minutes from asking for a key to paying for it and running a quick test flight. No issues at all with it.

Completed first full flight yesterday using it and it was so much easier as I only have one monitor. Trying to tab between charts, the flight the plan and everything else this just makes it simple and for only €5.

Top man Mark well done.

I'll head off to PMDG now and lobby them to open up the T7 sdk.

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

It's one of the best investment I have ever made for my FSX. It's bringing up a new level of flight experience, especially when having the Remote CDU on a touchscreen tablet. It's simple to use and I am also supporting the idea of having a similar Remote CDU for the B777 as well. Congratulations to Mark for his fantastic work and quick help when needed.

Regards,

Daniel

I just installed this program and it works great.  At first I couldn't get it to work but that was because I still had the old version of the 737NGX.  After updating, purchased the license and it worked great.  If you have problems, select your aircraft again and restart your simserver and everything will be fully operational.  There is no delay in the entries made through your phone or tablet, you entries will take effect instantly.

I sent Mark and email and got a response within 5 minutes.  Once I got the PayPal invoice within minutes and making the payment, I received the License within 3 minutes.

Thank you Mark for this great tool and your fast responses.