Sign in to follow this  
marcom

Announcing: PMDG NGX Remote CDU Server for iOS / Android / etc

I echo everyone else's responses for this. Mark got me set up in less than 10 minutes and I'm ready to unleash myself into the virtual skies :-)

Excellent tool, Mark and I'm definitely +1 for a T7 version!

Thanks,

Bill

Used this for my first flight last night. Awesome tool. Works quickly and efficiently. The only issue I had was remembering to reach for my tablet instead of panning and using the mouse.

Thanks for the hard work and reasonable price. I will be sure to purchase the T7 if and when you are able to create it.

Thanks,

Nick

Hi, Mark,

Thank you for this excellent addon!

I just want to report that it did not work at first in my FSX Steam version.  I have a dual install of FSX:MS & FSX:SE.  Your program found the 737NGX_Options.ini file in FSX:MS to add the three EnableDataBroadcast lines, but it did not find the same file in the Steam version.   Once I copied and pasted from the MS to the SE file, it worked OK. 

It would be good if you could modify your program, but it would be almost as good if you just explained this issue in your manual.  It was very easy to fix once I figured out the problem - just copy and paste.  Because of this issue, t would be helpful if you showed in your manual the exact lines to be entered.

Finally,  want to mention that as others have reported it is not refreshing automatically on my Windows client computer.  I have Windows 8.1 using Firefox.  It is refreshing, with a short delay, on my I-Phone 5. (Running Windows 7/64 on my FSX computer).

Thanks,

Mike

Edit:  Also want to mention that your CDU icon is showing several connections to my Windows client computer after I click on "refresh" in Firefox.  Sometimes it shows up to 10 momentarily (one is my I-Phone, but I only have one browser window open on my Windows 8.1. computer).  Mentioning this as it  may have to do with the refresh issue.

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi Mike,

thanks for the feedback.

Regarding the parallel installation of FSX and Steam FSX - yes, this isn't something I added support for. It will still work if you do the .ini file editing as in your case and I'll add that to the documentation. Thanks for spotting that.

Regarding the multiple connections: this is absolutely normal.

Regarding the refresh issue:

can you try this version:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5HdXeQAwtKVMk1yY0Vma2lsM0U/view?usp=sharing

Let me know if that fixes your problem.

Regards

Mark

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

Regarding the refresh issue:

can you try this version:

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Let me know if that fixes your problem.

Hi, Mark,

Yes, it refreshes very quickly! (Using version 1.5)  I hope you are able to get this for the 777 as well.

Will keep using/testing it as time allows.

Thanks again,

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I've tried installing this a few times but my security suite (BitDefender) throws up giant warnings every time. Anyone else get any warnings?

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

Where can we download the latest versions. I do not get update notifications... :smile:

Ditto, would also like to know. You may need a website Mark!

I just purchased Mark's NGX CDU app and it's wonderful.

+1 if he can do the PMDG 777 also.

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

Folks,

the link above is the latest version. I will update the upload here at Avsim later on once I consider v1.5.to be sufficiently tested (and it's looking good, so you could grab it from the link above).

As to automatic notifications... hmm, without a dedicated server, this is not easy. Let me think about it.

@Matt: as to bitdefender: I don't really know why it's giving alarms. Perhaps because the server is asking for Admin-rights at startup and adds an exception to the firewall. Obviously, spy-ware and other malicious software might have similar code fragments but I can assure you: the only time information is transferred to the outside world (ie to me), is during the license request process.

Regards

Mark

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

the only time information is transferred to the outside world (ie to me), is during the license request process.

False. What Mark won't tell you is that you're actually controlling the CDU of a real 737NG that's flying the same route as the one that you have programmed.

Folks,

the link above is the latest version. I will update the upload here at Avsim later on once I consider v1.5.to be sufficiently tested (and it's looking good, so you could grab it from the link above).

As to automatic notifications... hmm, without a dedicated server, this is not easy. Let me think about it.

@Matt: as to bitdefender: I don't really know why it's giving alarms. Perhaps because the server is asking for Admin-rights at startup and adds an exception to the firewall. Obviously, spy-ware and other malicious software might have similar code fragments but I can assure you: the only time information is transferred to the outside world (ie to me), is during the license request process.

Regards

Mark

Mark, I got it figured out. Added a rule to allow it to run. I sent the PayPal payment and look forward to trying this out. Add another vote to the list for 777 version as well. :)

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

I`ve just recieved the full version of the CDU and did a couple of tests. Working like a charm. Hope to see updates in the future for other a/c models especialy the 777 !

Great news on the 777 Mark. Have you thought about the Aerosoft A318/9/20 range? dare I say Majestic Dash 8 as well?.....I know want want want! :Tounge:

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png