So i got a brand new gtx 970 and i still got the same problems if you read my last post. So i guess at this point the graphics card is not the problem. At this point i just wana know if any of u actually have a smooth gameplay in fsx like steady fps wether its 25 or 30. Or do your fps fluctuate All the time? Im starting to think its my cpu or power supply

What is the CPU and power supply?

ZORAN

the same problems if you read my last post

Will you post the link to your last thread

4790k and cx750m

You should be getting smoothness . I would suggest overclocking since FSX is CPU intensive , mine was a massive improvement i2500k OC  to 4.7ghz. If your on P3D you may as well overclock anyway

The other thing i would do is install steves DX10 fixer because that switches the load to your GPU

I would Also move over to the steam platform as its far more stable assuming your on FSX right now of course. If your on P3D I would just stay there

ZORAN

So i got a brand new gtx 970 and i still got the same problems if you read my last post. So i guess at this point the graphics card is not the problem. At this point i just wana know if any of u actually have a smooth gameplay in fsx like steady fps wether its 25 or 30. Or do your fps fluctuate All the time? Im starting to think its my cpu or power supply

It took me some time to find your "last post", but if I am correct, you replaced a GTX-780 with a GTX-970 to have more FPS in FSX? Well, I could have told you that before, that such an exchange would result in nothing but identical FPS. The GTX-970 is in the best case 10% faster than a GTX-780, depending on what model you compare and this would be, if you have 30FPS with a GTX-780 a solid increase to 33FPS, something you would actually not even realize...

Anyway, my FPS do not fluctuate a lot, simply due to the fact that I have set my FPS to 40 inside FSX and externally, I limit them to 30FPS via nVidia Inspector. If you run "unlimited" and no limit in the Inspector, then yes, your FPS fluctuate.

And: do not get that irritated by users posting their "40+ FPS in a PMDG 777 on a heavy airport". Usually, those users run their sim (if its FSX) with very specific settings that are lower than yours or mine, with less AI traffic or without real weather, few clouds, no antialiasing etc. Plenty of things can differ as such as those users get 40FPS while you only get 30 or even less. Without side by side comparison of the settings inside FSX, the FSX.cfg tweaks and the nVidia Inspector settings and all of this with the exact same addons, AI traffic, weather conditions etc., comparisons of FPS are useless...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

You should be getting smoothness . I would suggest overclocking since FSX is CPU intensive , mine was a massive improvement i2500k OC to 4.7ghz. If your on P3D you may as well overclock anyway

The other thing i would do is install steves DX10 fixer because that switches the load to your GPU

I would Also move over to the steam platform as its far more stable assuming your on FSX right now of course. If your on P3D I would just stay there

ill try the dx 10, the other thing is that i got the cpu 1 year ago and throughout the whole year i have been messing with it overclocking and stuff, couple times it overheated. Im thinking it might be damaged. Even tho it passes the intel test can it still be damaged?

Hw did you install the GTX 970 ? 

Did you uninstall the previous drivers completely and install the latest ?

Did you refresh the shader cache ? Did you refresh the FSX .cfg ?

ill try the dx 10, the other thing is that i got the cpu 1 year ago and throughout the whole year i have been messing with it overclocking and stuff, couple times it overheated. Im thinking it might be damaged. Even tho it passes the intel test can it still be damaged?

Besides the very valid question from louisdercoolste about driver and the shader cache, I wonder how you cool down your 4790K. This is a processor getting hot very fast when overclocked and of course, the Intel stock cooling is not sufficient. Anyway, more than 4.4GHz would be hard to achieve even with a competent air cooling solution, you would need water cooling then...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Yes i did uninstall all drivers before installing the gtx 970 and the shader cache i havent cuz that wont make a difference ill try it though. I got a h80i gt. For some reason i got a feeling that the cpu is damaged already though

Run prime95 for an hour and see what your temps do, you will notice quick enough if your cpu is already fried. Keep an eye on your temps

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/prime95-download.html

ight so wats the max temp im looking for like howdo i know if its fried and which setting on prime should i do? Small ffts, in-place large ffts, or blend?

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+use+prime95&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

There are plenty of tutorials . But I run the blend and dont let the temp get over 95c but thats just me, what ever you do is your own risk :-)

Download core temp so you can see all your cores and monitor  http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/core_temp_1_rc4.html

ZORAN

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+use+prime95&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

There are plenty of tutorials . But I run the blend and dont let the temp get over 95c but thats just me, what ever you do is your own risk :-)

Download core temp so you can see all your cores and monitor http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/core_temp_1_rc4.html

so i ran it for 20 minutes now and it tops out at 88/89C but only from 3.6ghz-3.8ghz it doesnt go up to the full 4.4ghz. Im thinking if its at 90C at 3.8 full load i dont think this thingcan actually do 4.4, i dont know nothing about computers tho i feel like it is this cpu tho

Those temps sound okay. Its not fried but I don't know why it wont go to 4.4ghz for that you will need to go to the manufacturers forums and ask the question there or maybe somebody else at Avsim can chime in

ZORAN