Sign in to follow this  
Rhinozherous

Upgrading my Hardware, search for hints

I know that, but I thought about turbo core function.. It should go over 4Ghz with it??

...if not, has anyone an idea whats the best cpu running on GA 78LMT-S2P?

Thanks

The Turbo of the FX-6300 allows up to 4.1GHz, yes. But your current FX-4130 has a similar Turbomode which allows 4.0GHz. Besides that, the FX-6300 has 8MB of L3 cache while the FX-4130 has "only" 4MB. Honestly, it is just a waste of money to change the processor like that, you will not benefit at all for FSX... And no, there is no "better" CPU for your mainboard, the fastest one clockwise listed on the mainboard manual would be a FX-4170 with only 200MHz more than your current one. So, no, it simply makes no sense to change the processor on this mainboard for FSX. BUT: if you also use your rig for some other games, it might be worth to exchange the processor, this is up to you.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Jope, I already have discarded the Hardware upgrade for now... I will do it when I am able to build a new system or at least when I am able to get a new mainboard for a Intel CPU.

In the meantime I also have found a few tweaks for FSX which made my FPS better (I have overseen these tweaks as I re-installed FSX)

Thank you guys for help!

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Stay with your FX4130, you not get anything with a FX6300 or even FX9570 9590.

Its the same Poor IPC the 4130 is easy to OC to 4.5-5.0ghz Its more tricky with 6-8core

More heat and load on the VRM you not get the best MoBo out there.