Sign in to follow this  
Nation32

Taking Scenery Requests!

Hello everyone!

For anyone that would like any specific airport updated to the most current form, we would be more than happy to do so! We have just started making sceneries, and if there are any small-medium sized airports that you'd like an AFCAD update done to, with custom 3D buildings, please don't hesitate to email us all your requests at ecsimulations@gmail.com!

Thank you!

Kyle Kato - EC Simulations

Just putting a couple down here.  I think regional airports are *sorely* needed in the US.  Here are three I think would be popular if well done.

• Eugene, OR
  • Salem, OR
  • Wilmington, NC

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I would love to see Fort Wayne Indiana (KFWA)  It fits into the small to medium sized category including a 12,000 foot runway.  It sees a handful of commercial traffic, some UPS and FedEx cargo flights, plenty of GA planes and a squadron of Air National Guard A-10s

E-mail coming your way!

Chris Sunseri

KESN Easton, Maryland. A control towered airport/jetport that no one has done, and with a very unique primary ops building: 

KESN_terminal-L.jpg

Easton%20Final-L.jpg

008121-L.jpg

010633-L.jpg

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Hello everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to submit requests for airports! We appreciate them, and we will look into it. Feel free to submit as many requests as you like, all will be considered. Each scenery can take from a few days, up to a few weeks depending on the size and difficulty of the airport. We are also a three-man team, making the process a bit slower than other scenery developers. We will do our best to put out new sceneries as quickly as possible, while keeping good quality. Our next airport is in the making and will be completed soon as the AFCAD is complete and 3D buildings are underway. If you have any comments, more requests, suggestions for improvements or anything, email us at ecsimulations@gmail.com!

Thank you,

Wesley Chin and Kyle Kato - EC Simulations

KSLC is a neglected airport; additionally, given that its a major hub, it might sell well...  

If i'm thinking smaller scale, it love a good KBGR...

Matt King

Do you have finished projects for us already? Looking for new and better destinations.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Do you have finished projects for us already?

Not any of today's requests. We are currently working on two older requests, and once they're finished we will get started on today's airports.

Here are our three finished airports and their download links:

Telluride Regional Airport, Telluride, CO - KTEXhttp://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxscen&DLID=190851

Trenton-Mercer Airport - Trenton, NJ - KTTNhttp://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxscen&DLID=190849

Leesburg Executive Airport - Leesburg, VA - KJYO - http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxscen&DLID=191475

All airports contain the must up-to-date AFCAD files and custom 3D buildings!

Thanks!

Wow! Trenton, NJ! IRL I have flown into that airport on an early solo from So Jersey Regional (7MY or it used to be 7MY).  Will have to DL that one and fly there from my current home base of KESN!

Lost a friend and one of my motorcycle dealers (was in that business) in an IFR crash on final into KJYO back in April 1997. Believe he was piloting a C310. Flew into a ridge in IMC. Always believed he descended from IAF  believing he had turned at the FAF. Believe it was only a VLOC approach with no vertical guidance. 

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Frank,

That's awesome! Trenton is a great airport and has lots of nice facilities. We actually live around the area so it is quite familiar to us. Would you be interested in some small airfields around KTTN? We have a complete version of Princeton (39N) and would be happy to work on other small airports such as N51, N87 etc. Both of us are training for our PPL's in the area. Hope you enjoy the scenery and happy flying!

Thank you,

That's awesome! Trenton is a great airport and has lots of nice facilities. We actually live around the area so it is quite familiar to us. Would you be interested in some small airfields around KTTN? We have a complete version of Princeton (39N) and would be happy to work on other small airports such as N51, N87 etc. Both of us are training for our PPL's in the area. Hope you enjoy the scenery and happy flying!

K7MY is now KVAY, South Jersey Regional, Mt Holly. Did some flying out of there after moving there from Oklahoma in 1986. My longest solo from there was to KUNV at State College, Pa, and back. Briefly brought myself back to current and instrument status until my employer's life insurance provider found out and cut me off from life insurance coverage. Married with two young kids, I had to jump through hoops for about a year to rescind my pilots license. Had to get my name expunged from the FAA pilot database in order to regain that employer provided life insurance. I was in the motorcycle distribution business and did a lot of business motorcycle trips, perhaps at more risk than flying, and had to have that life insurance in place! Have not flown in real life since then.  Only some "participative" right seat time with friends!

I plead with you to look at KESN, Easton, Maryland. It could well be a destination for you as you learn and develop your skills as it is in an area that barely skirts the intimidating controlled airspace from NYC, Philly, Baltimore, and Washington. Not unlike the route I years ago took to State College, shooting through "the eye of the needle" in that regard!

I have oft considered learning scenery development myself  just to get some personal interest airports into place. Send me a PM describing how you are approaching this. I would like to build some skills.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Frank,

Thank you for the information! We have taken a look at KESN and it definitely looks feasible for us. It's great that you are looking to do some scenery development, it's great fun! There are a few programs that you will need to get started such as Airport Design Editor, which will help you edit the AFCAD (taxiways, runways etc). A good website to use for information is fsdeveloper.com - it's a great forum with lots of helpful people! Personally, we used several sources such as videos, forums and manuals. A good tutorial series on YouTube is linked here : 

In that tutorial, you will be able to edit the AFCAD with Airport Design Editor, create a seasonal photoreal background, create land/water classes, make 3-D buildings and more! If you really would like to get in depth with 3-D building creations, check out this YouTube tutorial : 
In that series, you will learn how to make an airport hangar with Sketchup.

Hope this helps,

You cannot look much to the east from where you are based.  Some other considerations in the region you are in would to the west include:

KCXY - Capital City, Harrisburg, Pa. not the airport in Harrisburg with commercial traffic, but the one you would more likely fly into in a GA single engine or non-turbine twin.

KLNC - Lancaster, Pa. A very modern and nicely open airport for GA traffic of any level

KIPT - Williamsport, Pa. Like Lancaster, an updated GA airport with a breathtaking proximity to the Susquehanna river and the small mountains that border it at that point.

KAVP - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Pa. An airport constructed on a plateau makes for a good visual. I believe I already have a 3rd party add on for KAVP.

Gregg Seipp points out a good one at Wilmington, NC. If you are flying from Trenton to say Florida, then Wilmington is a great intermediate fuel and food stop. Gotta think about these logically! What would you frequent if you were actively flying?

I forgot KFDK, Frederick, MD. Home to AOPA, I believe Collins Aviation, and much more GA aviation history. Annual AOPA fly ins, though not the scale of Osh Kosh or Lakeland. Actually surprised you addressed Leesburg before Frederick. Not a rub, just aviation significance. LOL!

Frank Patton
ASUS 

This is fun! These airports are great examples of the $100 hamburger destination experiences! Flight hours $$$, fuel, fees, food, and return! It's what down home GA flying is about! So lets go for the best hamburger and fries, or the best cheese omelet and hash browns! Or the best steak and ale! 

The best tabouli airport loses out!

Frank Patton
ASUS