My CH pedals seem to be on the way out after about 12 years use - I can't get the red differential brakes indicator to go off  and  have tried all the fixes.  Have now disabled the toe brakes and am using a joystick button for brakes as an interim arrangement.

What are the best options for a set of pedals these days? Price not a consideration within reason.  Thanks.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

I'm waiting on a set of THESE.

The wait may be an issue though. I ordered in June for a July delivery which was extended to August. An email promised end of August delivery. Here it is with three days left, they're not going to make it from Croatia. I'm poised to cancel my order and get another pair of CHs. What am I saying? There's nothing wrong with the ones I've got! 80P

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I like my Saitek Combat pedals.

Nice range and sensitive brakes.

Bert

Another vote here for the Saitek Combat Pedals.

Prior to them, I used a pair of CH Pedals, but the pedals are so close together it was uncomfortable.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Thanks guys I will have a look at the Siatek pedals.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

What are the best options for a set of pedals these days? Price not a consideration within reason.  Thanks.

MFG Crosswind.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

My first rudder pedals were Thrustmaster's but they didn't have toe brakes which didn't really matter because no simulation would read them anyway.  Then I broke my ankle really bad so I had to use a Saitek X52 for rudder control.  After I got my SLBK certification, (Single Leg Below the Knee amputation) I went in search for rudder pedal with toe brakes.  I tried CH and Saitek pro pedals but I didn't really like either one all that much.  Then I found the Saitek Combat pedals.  First they looked good, seemed more rugged, and most importantly the pedal angle was adjustable.  The pedal angle adjustment didn't work as well as I thought it would until one day I thought, "Hey nobody is going to come in here and shoot me because my rudder pedals aren't at the same angle." ( They may have other reasons, but that doesn't matter here. :wink:)  The main reason that angle is important to me, is that can assign the toe brake function without getting the rudder axis read by mistake.  The only caveat is I need to look down and make sure I have my right foot on the rudder pedal and not in between the pedals.  I think I've finally come to realize that if I can turn left just fine, but not right no matter how much pressure I apply, my foot is probably not where it belongs. :fool:

IF you can get them! :mad:

Ah yes, there is that :blink:

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

chuck

loved the post ... one of my favorites  for sure but glad / hope to hear you continue to enjoy simming.

I won't ask why the SLBK ... I'm struggling with a dicky knee because of too many waves & which now often fails on left rudder but still use the saiteks.

for now, cheers

john martin