Sign in to follow this  
A340-4

SunSkyJet Philadelphia Help

Hello;

I have read a lot of great reviews about SunSkyJet PHL freeware add-on, so I decided to give it a try. I have had the scenery for some time now, but my only problem is its performance. For some reason its very laggy on my system. I was wondering if there is a way to adjust the texture size i.e. back to 1024, as from what I have understood the texture are in HD already?

Anyone else here experienced anything similar with SunSkyJet? Any known solutions?

I am running this scenery with FTX Global. Maybe they don't like ach other?

Many thanks,

One has nothing to do with the other.  FTX Global will play with any other scenery out there, as long as you know how to set up your scenery.  Back your scenery settings down a little and see if it's any better.  If that's not the case, turn off any unused scenery before your flight.  If that doesn't help, read the extensive FTX/ORBX guide posted at ORBX's forums that will show you how you should set up your sim.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Dear Jim;

Thank you for your answer. My "scenery setting" your referring to my FSX graphics options? If so, they are not maxed, but are in the middle-high range. As far as other scenery airports, I only have a few (Not counting the Orbx free wear ones) SunSky, Aerosoft Dublin and two more from Fly Tampa. I don't have any issues with neither of them, just SunSkyJet.

Many Thanks,

To be honest, I don't think there is any way to get the KPHL scenery to be more efficient except for modfying the textures, which can be tedious.  I have seen some "pro" Youtubers fly into KPHL and they seem to have the same issue.  I believe a lot of it has to do with the scenery created outside of the airport boundaries.

One thing puzzles me though (slightly off-topic), I have a pretty fast machine, similar to yours, and I have zero issues with ORBX scenery and framerates but any other scenery creator's work causes issues, which for me are pretty minor (framerates and some stutters), and I have experienced this in both FSX, FSX:SE and P3D.  I wonder what magical potions ORBX uses to create their scenery?

Anywho, I digress.  Yes, I was referring to your scenery sliders but if you are running mid as opposed to max or full, then you are doing everything right and it again can be a scenery issue for KPHL.  After looking at SunSkyJet's website for the KPHL scenery (been a while since I installed it), I see they also have an FS2004 version which leads me to believe that the airport may have been ported or modified to work with FSX so maybe some latent older developed files are causing the issue?  Within the past year, there have been several issues that have popped up on their forums, and I suspect there may also be some solutions which may be in line with what you are experiencing.  I would suggest checking out those forums and maybe you'll find the answers you seek.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit