Sign in to follow this  
Jackson2207

Ezdok keyboard not working in P3D (#firstworldproblems)

Hello 

It occasionally happens to me too.. Once I start flying it magically starts working again. I think it doesn't really bugger me, so i didn't bother to fix it haha 

Cheers

I'm using the 1.185 beta and used the config tool, I've tried flying around, I've set up my ezdok like I would with FSX, any other suggestions? Cheers

This sometimes happens to me as well. I just end up closing the EZdok window and re-opening it. Works fine for me.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "Welcome New Members!" to "The Prepar3d General Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

UPDATE: It still works with FSX, and I tried with P3D, but no luck.

Also my mouse panning is working and I can change views with the Ezdok window.

Howdy!

Try these easy steps and it might get you up and running!

1. Backup your camera.cfg file then delete the original. The shortcut path should be %APPDATA%/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v2 You can paste this in Windows File explorer or search.

2. Run EZCA Config tool. If it asks you to install SimConnect Client v10.0.61259.0 please do. Go ahead and configure P3D.

3. Go to where you typically would uninstall programs...Control Panel>Programs>Programs and Features>Uninstall a program

find Microsoft Flight Simulator SimConnect Client 10.0.61259.0 right click then hit the repair option.

4. Navigate to your exe.xml files, open with notepad in most cases and make sure the formatting is correct then save. It should look something like this...

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>
        <Filename>EXE.xml</Filename>
        <Disabled>False</Disabled>
        <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
     <Launch.Addon>
        <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
        <Name>AICarriers</Name>
        <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\AICarriers\aicarriers.exe</Path>
        <CommandLine>-nogui</CommandLine>
     </Launch.Addon>
     <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>
        <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path>
      </Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

Run P3D. Load your FSX .ecs files or create and save new ones. This should work. BTW the latest beta is 1.18.6 and please make sure you have the latest variables.ini dated 4/27. 

Hope this helps,

Greg

I have been having the same issues will have to give this a shot.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

I have been having the same issues will have to give this a shot.

also try clicking either ctrl, shift, alt or del key to see if it clears.

bob

Ok......so that didn't work, I still use it in FSX:SE and it works :/ I really want to find a way to fix this.....

Ok......so that didn't work, I still use it in FSX:SE and it works :/ I really want to find a way to fix this.....

thought it was worth a try, noticed it on the EZDOC beta forum as a suggestion to fix it because the bug was reported which caused locking up those keys.

Its a long thread and spent some time going through it, I'll have another look tomorrow to see if any other solution was found.

bob

UPDATE: When the EZDOK window is open, I can move the camera. I think it's going to be a bit hard to come up with a temporary solution.........
 Suggestions are still​ welcome

UPDATE: When the EZDOK window is open, I can move the camera. I think it's going to be a bit hard to come up with a temporary solution.........

Suggestions are still​ welcome

Just check that you do not have any duplicate key stroke entries in P3D controls, you should have deleted those that EZdoc uses, ie num pad, page up and down, and the arrow keys. ( see manual for complete list)

You need to check from time to time as P3D resets the controls back to default. Its best to export the controls after sorting.

bob