Sign in to follow this  
mastersgta1

Anyone here watches FSX streaming on Twitch?

Just out of curiosity.... I've checked out a couple of streams on twitch and most of them were just some guy on autopilot playing songs... Anyone here finds FSX live streaming interesting?

I have but it just got silly and kind of boring.  I would rather fly than spend time watching other people do it.  I will add one exception, some of the better guys on youtube I will watch and I really enjoy watching real pilots on youtube (Flight Chops, Steve O Kovino, CirrusPilot and a few others).

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

There are only a couple I watch, if I have time available. 90% of them are pretty boring. 

The thing that entices me to keep watching are ones that at least have some basic flying knowledge, or a desire to learn it. What's boring is when people just stick the autopilot on at 500 ft, go to an outside view, and rave about the graphics and scenery.

I highly recommend everyone check out TheSkyLonge on Twitch. Good group of guys that stream a variety of aircraft, and interact well with the audience. I watch on a regular basis and even join them via FSCloud from time to time.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

There are only a couple I watch, if I have time available. 90% of them are pretty boring. 

The thing that entices me to keep watching are ones that at least have some basic flying knowledge, or a desire to learn it. What's boring is when people just stick the autopilot on at 500 ft, go to an outside view, and rave about the graphics and scenery.

You want flying knowledge watch YouTube - CountryFlyBoy.   Amazing tutorials from a real pilot.

For a real pilot try mraviation101 - Nice flying in a Cessna 172 (real world).

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

This guy is brilliant with the B777 and others - worth watching when he is on line : B737mg, has an outstanding system and very informative. Search on Twitch

Denis

I enjoy learning from real flights on youtube; not much for watching simulated flights.

My subs are "airtimbuk2"  great airbus videos showing the MFD and PFD the entire approach.  Even if you don't like Airbus they are great videos.

I also enjoy the "737 Channel" and "Flightchops"

The few simulated flights I like to watch are from "FSIPanel" and "Kyle Rodgers".  Just wish Kyle would make more videos.

Anybody know what happened to Guido Warnecke?  Watched and still watch his videos but now he seems to have disappeared.

Sean Green

Just had a go at streaming this past weekend... it was a lot of fun! Don't know how much fun it would've been for the people watching but for me it was like having passengers on your aircraft who were visiting the cockpit. We did some cargo hops in and out of South Korea and Japan with the MD-11F and then took the DC-9 for a few circuits around Osaka. (Kinda got a theme going on there...)

Got 10 followers so far :D

I stream on twitch most weekends.  I've got a few regular followers who pop in.  I'll usually stream my Virtual Air Canada or Royal Dutch Virtual flights....or if nothing in the particular route structure strikes me as interesting, I'll load up something a bit more exotic... 

I've had people tell me they really enjoy my stream, as I strive to have a fair amount of interaction with viewers.   I enjoy teaching what I can, whether its aircraft specific systems, or how to interpret charts...

http://www.twitch.tv/cvhmaverick

This thread reminded me of the Jimmy Kimmel skit he did on the youtube feature that lets people watch other people playing video games.

I guess maybe it's a generational thing we're younger folks like to watch other people flying their sim, and the older generation like to fly their sim rather than watching other people do it.

For me being in the older group, although only 42, I just don't see any interest watching other people sim when I could be doing it myself, nor would I want to watch people playing video games for the same reason.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

This thread reminded me of the Jimmy Kimmel skit

Thats funny had to share with my two daughters who love to watch others play nintendo games and stuff.

Sean Green

Thats funny had to share with my two daughters who love to watch others play nintendo games and stuff.

I think it would be entertaining to watch the people who are watching other people sim, lol.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

It's the whole reality tv fad thing. I don't get but as long as no harm comes from it, let people enjoy what they want I guess.