Sign in to follow this  
captain911

BlackBox reverse thrust issue.

couple days ago i got the combo A330/A340 from BBS... everything looks ok except the reverse thrust, doesnt work in a correct way, it works opposite/backwards. I did a calibration but i couldnt find a solution to fix it. I tryed to read their manual but again i didnt find a way. Check the pics below and you will see what im talking about...... the other day i registered to FSUIPC maybe i can fix it from there? For any help i would appreciate.

11954740_10156005973425646_4215509341226

11952718_10156005977985646_9944888466132

Without knowing anything about what hardware you use or how you tried to calibrate, I can only run over the calibration process in general and under the assumption that your joystick is correctly configured and calibrated in both OS and in your FS.

First off, there is no zone to calibrate the reverse axis, only the position from idle to TOGA. Meaning, you set your throttle lever at idle, then press the button on the left side of the MCDU/FMC next to where it reads idle/set. Then move your throttle to lightspeed (aka full throttle) and press the button on the right side of the MCDU/FMC next to where it says TOGA/set, and you should be done.

If you have reverse thrust on your throttle hardware, it should automatically work now. If you don't have a reverse axis on your joystick/throttle console, you might be able to fake one. If the latter is the case, when calibrating the idle/set position, move your throttle to somewhere of your liking but above the physical idle (of your joystick) and press the left button on the MCDU/FMC in order to tell the airbus that this is the new idle position. I dont know if it'll actually work, but in theory it should  :)

Hey Scarp, I already did what you said before nothing worked..... I tryed again but no solution. My reverse works fine just not in the correct position...... btw I own Logitech 3D pro joystick.

Well that's strange, one thing comes to mind. Btw: do you see any indication of the axis in the MCDU calibration page. You should see a green line when moving the throttle from idle to full throttle? I know, I know, I just have to ask anyway.

Anyway, there could be some interference if you have assigned axis in both FS options and FSUIPC. You could try and remove the throttle axis within FS and assign the axis through FSUIPC instead, and obviously calibrate it as well (within FSUIPC).

If all that is set and it still doesnt work, you can try and reverse the axis within the FSUIPC interface.

See if that helps.

Actually, I think I have the same joystick lying around somewhere, but it's very late night here now, so I wont be able to test it until tomorrow (if I can find it).

yes, i see the green line while i moving my throttle..... i was thinking if i can fix it through FSUIPC. But i dont have any experience with fsuipc so i need to watch some tutorials. 

Another option, just to get you going, might be to assign no reverse range at all with your joystick lever - instead, assign reverse thrust on all engines to a button on the joystick, via FSUIPC. So your lever would range from idle to TOGA

Hans Soule