Hi guys! I've bought and installed FSX in my computer in 2013 when my computer is still using Windows 8. Since then, the OS was upgraded to 8.1 and recently to Windows 10. However, FSX kept on crashing throughout these 2 years. Around 30 minutes after opening it, FSX suddenly does not respond and crashed. Below are my computer's specs:

Computer Model: HP Pavilion 23 All-in-one PC

Processor: Intel Core i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30 GHz Quad Core

RAM: 8GB

Graphics: NVIDEA GeForce 610

Disk Drive: Hitachi HDS721010CLA630

It's useless to buy a better processor because the processor in an all-in-one PC cannot be changed... Can I run FSX on my computer smoothly or shall I just by a better computer?

Thank you for your generous help!

Diego suggests to put this file in the program files folder where you find fsx.exe:

UIAutomationCore.dll v6.0.5840.16386

Worth doing if you've not got it.

...another thing to try is set Write permission, in case some addon tries to write to a read only place after a certain time:

Again on the program files folder where you find fsx.exe:

With Explorer, Right-click and from the popup menu, choose "Properties" -> select "Security" tab -> click "Edit" button -> click on "Users(MyComputer\Users)" group in top box -> see that every box is checked except "Full Control", you might need to add "Write" and "Modify" -> press OK...

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com