Sign in to follow this  
georgetyrrell

Have I missed anything ?!

Mmm, it has been so long. I think, if I remember, that info is in the ReadMe of Golden Wings.

One way is to rename the existing FS9 folder to, for example, Fs2004 orig. Then rename the fs9.exe to, for example, Fs9orig.exe. Then do a fresh install of Fs2004. DO NOT RUN YET!!! Now, rename the first install back to the original names, so everything is back to how it was.

Then, rename the 2nd new install folder to, for example, Golden Wings. Rename the FS9.exe to, for example, GW.exe. Now you can run the new GW.exe. (remember to do the desktop icon as well.  I keep a backup of Fs9 on a portable hard drive, & when I want to do an install, I just copy & past it into 'Program Files'.

I hope the above is not too confusing!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Hi,

This thread in my forum discusses multiple installs of Golden Wings, Silver Wings, and Classic FS (classic aircraft, AI, and scenery not using the "Wings" packages).  You can use any or all of those.

http://calclassic.proboards.com/thread/181/multiple-installations-fs2004

Another discussion of the topic:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?21431-Multiple-Installs-of-FS2004