Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Any way to slip a GTN650 or 750 in the A36?

What the title says.  I really enjoy flying this aircraft but in P3D, their GNS...ewwww.

And, by the way...here's a RW A36 with a 750 installed.  :)

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Nobody likes the A36 anymore?  :cray:

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

GTN integration is pretty labor intensive, somebody might have tried it over at the F1 thread on simforums.

Thanks.  I went over there and folks have integrated it into a lot of aircraft including the very similarly equipped Baron.  Alas, no A36.  I did mess with it for a while and got the unit in the VC but I'm not sure how to get rid of the bezel and knobs for the 430s and fix the clickspots (e.g. get rid of Carenado's clickspots).  My experience modding VCs is very limited.

Gregg Seipp

Mind telling how you did it? I have the Corenado Beachcraft 35 and would like to put my GTN 750 in it. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Maybe Bert can chime in.  He said it slips in pretty easily.  How's the V-tail fly?

Gregg Seipp

Flies great. I think Bert used the 650.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Greg,did you ever do your mod ? If not and you would like help I am sure we can do it. I just slipped two 650's in the B58 Baron. It goes right in your GNS 430.

Nope...never did.  I moved on to other planes. 

Gregg Seipp

On 28.2.2017 at 3:09 PM, ALF1 said:

Greg,did you ever do your mod ? If not and you would like help I am sure we can do it. I just slipped two 650's in the B58 Baron. It goes right in your GNS 430.

I'd like some help if you would provide it to me too ;)

I am able to get two GTN 650's in the Baron B58 and the Bonanza A36. The process is the same, however there is a big issue (for me and my sense of  aesthetics) with the A36. The Baron B58 has an option to turn off the 3D knobs, and the Bonanza A36 does not. So, even though the GTN's show up, you have the 3D control knobs of the GNS 430's being visible in the display screen of the GTN's. The option I chose, was to purchase the new Reality XP GNS 430W v2. It was easy to add with the Reality XP addon menu. The GNS is not as easy to use as the GTN, but it has almost all the capabilities of the real GNS. I also really like that you can crossfill the flight plan, and you do not have to purchase anything extra for the crossfill feature to work. I hope this helps. 

Regards,

Beau

Beau Rice

On 9/28/2017 at 8:07 PM, beaurice172 said:

I am able to get two GTN 650's in the Baron B58 and the Bonanza A36. The process is the same, however there is a big issue (for me and my sense of  aesthetics) with the A36. The Baron B58 has an option to turn off the 3D knobs, and the Bonanza A36 does not. So, even though the GTN's show up, you have the 3D control knobs of the GNS 430's being visible in the display screen of the GTN's. The option I chose, was to purchase the new Reality XP GNS 430W v2. It was easy to add with the Reality XP addon menu. The GNS is not as easy to use as the GTN, but it has almost all the capabilities of the real GNS. I also really like that you can crossfill the flight plan, and you do not have to purchase anything extra for the crossfill feature to work. I hope this helps. 

Regards,

Beau

I missed this post.  Now that RXP has made the 430 and 530 available for P3D, your option there is a good one.

Gregg Seipp

[Window01]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=500,500
window_size_ratio=1.000  
position=0
visible=0
ident=794
window_size= 0.320, 0.500
window_pos= 0.020, 0.505
zorder=0

gauge00=rxpGNS2!GNS_430_1,  0,0,500,250,A36
gauge01=rxpGNS2!GNS_430_2,  0,251,500,250,A36

[Vcockpit03]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=512,512
visible=0
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$Panel_bon_4_N

gauge00=rxpGNS2!GNS_430_1,  165,67,339,171,A36
gauge01=rxpGNS2!GNS_430_2,  165,247,339,171,A36
gauge02=BA36!gem,  8,354,154,154

RealityXP.GNS..ini

[GNS_430_1.A36]
; show screen only gauge if true.
nobezel = false
; screen only border size (pixels).
border.size = 0
; screen only border color (#RGB or #RGBA).
border.rgba = #000000
; display mouse tooltips if true.
tooltips = false
; enable mouse clickspots if true, disable if false.
usemouse = true
; auto-resize dimension (width,height)
refsize =
; left mouse button popup ident  (ex: GPS_PANEL or 225).
popleft = 794
; right mouse button popup ident (ex: GPS_PANEL or 225).
popright =

etc

Bert

Nope, the RXP GNS 430's.  As noted in Bert's panel.cfg mods above:

gauge00=rxpGNS2!GNS_430_1,  0,0,500,250,A36
gauge01=rxpGNS2!GNS_430_2,  0,251,500,250,A36

HTH,

Greg