Sign in to follow this  
Cobalt77

PMDG SP1d Location

I installed the 737NGX 800/900 a couple of years ago and always downloaded new liveries from the PMDG website. Now it says to do this via Op Center. I don't have Op Center.The PMDG website says to download the latest SP (1d) and to do this by logging into my eCommerce account, going to previous orders, and re-downloading the installer. 

The only download available is my original base package, and re-installing this does not do anything.

Anyone know of a fix ?

Thanks.

The only download available is my original base package, and re-installing this does not do anything.

Hi, Cobalt77,

Did you actually download the base package file from PMDG?  The installation file may look the same, but it will be the most recent version, and should include the Op Center.  If you did download and install from the full installer, the Op Center should be on your computer.  What version number do you see when you open the aircraft.cfg file of the NGX, in

...\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX ?

You can open it with Notepad, but don't edit it!  The version number should be at the top.  The latest version is 1.10.6461.

PMDG wants everyone in its forums to use their full names.  They may not help you out here otherwise, although you can still file a support ticket directly with PMDG,

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I see version 1.00.3219.

Hi, Mike,

That must be quite old.  You should be able to download the complete new installer file -- not a service pack, but the whole installer - from your account on PMDG.

You may run into a problem with your existing liveries -- I don't think the installation will delete the livery files (texture files in the various NGX directories) but they may disappear from the list when you start FSX.  I think the Op Center will find these liveries and ask you if you want to install them.  It wouldn't hurt to copy the livery/texture files to another folder, and if you know how the aircraft.cfg file works, copy all the livery entries from those too.  Or just copy the Aircraft.cfg files to another folder in case you need to recover the livery information in them.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Just uninstalled and reinstalled. Now Operations Center was installed. Not sure why it wasn't just overwriting, but not a big deal. Thanks for the help.

Michael McCants

Just uninstalled and reinstalled. Now Operations Center was installed. Not sure why it wasn't just overwriting, but not a big deal. Thanks for the help.

Glad it's fixed!

You also now have weather radar, although it doesn't work very well without Active Sky Next.

You should run the Operations Center Livery manger (under PMDG 737NGX Livery Manager) and see if all your previous liveries are showing up or if it will reinstall them.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2