Sign in to follow this  
hornet65

747-400F Not Showing in FSX Aircraft Selection Menu

I see you have installed FSX in the default location which can present permission issues. Turn your UAC off and reinstall the repaints.

Peter Schluter

Hi Mark,

The Texture.cfg is present in all Texture folders.  Below is the code in the Texture.GEF for instance.

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\..\PMDG747-400\texture

fallback.2=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture

fallback.3=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture

I am perplexed.  

Tom S.

Tom,

This looks different to mine. I just checked and here's what I have. Looks like the reference back to the PMDG default texture (fallback.1=) is missing which could explain why your other repaints are not showing.

Try creating a new texture.cfg using what I posted below:-

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\texture.GEF

fallback.2=..\..\PMDG747-400\texture

fallback.1=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture

fallback.2=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Thanks for the feedback Mark. I made the change; unfortunately it didn't make any difference. Interestingly the other texture files (ie texture.RRF, texture.PWF and texture.UPS_HD) have the .cfg that you posted.  I thought this would have been the answer. Alas, it was not. 

I did note in the 747-400 folder; among all the repaint textures I've added; were texture.RR and texture.PW. But there is not texture.GE file.  There is a "texture" file which is the master texture file.  Do I assume that "GE" is the default file and the the 400F  texture files "fallback.1" is this file?  Or should there be a texture.GE file in the 747-400 file as well?  Perhaps the texture code in the 400F is referring back to a non-existing folder?

Your thoughts?  Thanks,

Tom S.

I see you have installed FSX in the default location which can present permission issues. Turn your UAC off and reinstall the repaints.

Hi Peter,

I'm not entirely sure what you mean here.  What is "UAC" and where do I turn it off.  Also, I'm not having problems with PMDG 747-400 and any of the repaints I installed. I'm just having problems with seeing the 400F version (ie default PMDG 400F aircraft as well as the UPS repaint).  As for installing FSX in the default location, Is there a better place to install it other than what Microsoft suggests during the install? 

Thanks,

Tom S.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean here. What is "UAC" and where do I turn it off

uac  is  (user account  control)  which only  effect  if  you  install  programs  in the default  location,  to turn it  off  go  to your  control panel/action centre/change user control settings.(or  simply  go  to the  search option and  type  user  control settings)   if  you have  installed   addons  in you default  location you should  install  and  run  programs  with admin  rights

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the feedback. My user account is also the admin account with admin rights. So no problem there.  I am curious, as opposed to "the default location" for the install (which I'm assuming I have done since I didn't select a specific location),  what or where would be a better location for installing addons.    Just curious.

Thanks again,

Tom S.

what or where would be a better location for installing addons. Just curious.

Thanks again,

\

Outside  of  the default  location ie  in its  own  root  drive    ie   I  got  2  drives  1st  drive  is  for  windows  o/s   system  and my second  drive   is  for sim stuff   so  the root  drive  would  be   ie  for  my  case  E:/fsx   or  whatever  addon   it  is,   so if  you got  only  one drive  it  would  be  C:/ fsx  or  whatever  your  installing

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thanks again Pete,

Unfortunately, My computer only has one internal storage device, and I didn't partition the drive. Oh well....I will soldier on with finding a solution.  The 747-400 passenger version is working fine otherwise.

Regards,

Tom S.

Thanks for the feedback Mark. I made the change; unfortunately it didn't make any difference. Interestingly the other texture files (ie texture.RRF, texture.PWF and texture.UPS_HD) have the .cfg that you posted.  I thought this would have been the answer. Alas, it was not. 

I did note in the 747-400 folder; among all the repaint textures I've added; were texture.RR and texture.PW. But there is not texture.GE file.  There is a "texture" file which is the master texture file.  Do I assume that "GE" is the default file and the the 400F  texture files "fallback.1" is this file?  Or should there be a texture.GE file in the 747-400 file as well?  Perhaps the texture code in the 400F is referring back to a non-existing folder?

Your thoughts?  Thanks,

Tom S.

Tom,

Let me help clarify and answer some questions.

• For the 747-400 folder  (pax version) the texture file is called "Texture". No Texture.GE so this appears OK.
  • For the 747-400F, there should be a Texture.GEF folder containing 37 files. One of these files is texture.cfg which resembles the texture.cfg you posted which references back to the pax version Texture folder I mentioned above.
  • In your other texture.cfg file found in each of your 747-400F repaint folders you should have the texture.cfg file I posted.

In essence, your -400F repaint texture folder first references back to the textures found in 747-400F texture.GEF folder. This texture folder in turn then references back to the main Texture folder found within the 747-400 (pax) folder for the GE variant.

I would double-check the texture.cfg files and ensure you have the right ones in the right folders.

Also check the paths in each texture.cfg. As you suggest if the fallback commands are referencing a wrong or non-existing folder then the reference chain for the textures will break and you will not see the repaint appear.

Regards,

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Tom,

Let me help clarify and answer some questions.

• For the 747-400 folder  (pax version) the texture file is called "Texture". No Texture.GE so this appears OK.
  • For the 747-400F, there should be a Texture.GEF folder containing 37 files. One of these files is texture.cfg which resembles the texture.cfg you posted which references back to the pax version Texture folder I mentioned above.
  • In your other texture.cfg file found in each of your 747-400F repaint folders you should have the texture.cfg file I posted.

In essence, your -400F repaint texture folder first references back to the textures found in 747-400F texture.GEF folder. This texture folder in turn then references back to the main Texture folder found within the 747-400 (pax) folder for the GE variant.

I would double-check the texture.cfg files and ensure you have the right ones in the right folders.

Also check the paths in each texture.cfg. As you suggest if the fallback commands are referencing a wrong or non-existing folder then the reference chain for the textures will break and you will not see the repaint appear.

Regards,

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the feedback.  All the texture folders seem to be in order and references back accordingly.  Below is the texture.cfg code for the TEXTURE folder in the 747-400:

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
fallback.2=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
fallback.3=..\texture.f

I noticed with some of my repaints in the -400 that the   "..\texture.f" line is the fallback.1 and vice versa.  I'm wondering if this has anything to do with  the 400F textures referencing back.  PS....keep in mind, I have no problems with my -400 repaints. They all show up in FSX.   I'm only having problems seeing the -400F repaints and house liveries of PMDG.

Thanks,

Tom S