Sign in to follow this  
Carib

Stabilizer problems

Hello Everyone,

I have been flying the T7 since its debut and have not had any serious problems with it until a little more than a week ago, during which time I have added nothing new, or done anything differently.

During pre flight procedures I set the stabilizer trim at 6.00 as called for by the FMS. I taxi to the runway and on takeoff I get the "stabilizer config" warning. The trim setting has gone to 0.0  I reset the trim to 6.00 and takeoff. However, the trim gradually decreases to 0.0 as soon as I advance the throttles.  The aircraft continues to climb to altitude but: 1) the trim stays at 0.0 and does not move. 2) automatic time compression will not engage, and 3) when altitude is reached, the aircraft cannot hold assigned altitude and is constantly trying to adjust, moving between 200 feet above and below assigned altitude.

As of now, the 737NGX does not exhibit similar behaviour. I have uninstalled and re-installed the T7 (Sp1d) and am only using the Boeing livery.since this behaviour began. No weather programs in use as I try to solve this. FSUIPC registered. CH controls and pedals. Windows 7/64 bit, version 6.1.7601; Dell Studio XPS 435T/9000; Intel Core i7 920@2.67GHz,; 9.00GB memory.

Any suggestions, advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Conrad Harris

Any suggestions, advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Check your hardware settings to ensure that you don't have trim axis assigned that's in conflict. Also, if you are using a panel state that you save over continuously, it might have gotten corrupted.

Kyle Rodgers

The trim up/down event is triggered by a keycommand. The default is numberpad 7/1, but can be changed within the simulator.  If you are using FSUIPC to map keycommands then I echo what Kyle recommended. Are you using different profiles in FSUIPC?  Maybe try moving the FSUIPC ini file to the desktop, let it build a new one and see if that changes things.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank you both for your advice. I haven't had time to try everything, but this is what I've discovered so far.

If I use either the keyboard or buttons on my control column to set the trim, the trim doesn't hold and immediately starts to decrease to 0.0.  However, if I use the mouse to set the trim, the setting holds. It also appears, but I'm not sure yet, that if i press any button on the control column during flight, the trim will go to 0.0. I'm assuming therefore that FSUIPC might be the problem. ( or my control column)..

Any further advice would be great.

Welcome to the forum, please note that full names on posts are required in the PMDG forum.

Did you try the advice given to Conrad regarding the FSUIPC initialization file?

Dan Downs KCRP

I was ready for takeoff in my T7 Freighter last night when, out of nowwhere, I got the "stabilizer config" warning message also. I checked my settings , but saw nothing out of the ordinary. So, I went ahead and began my takeoff figuring it might be something to deal with, but after applying full throttle the message went away.

Has not reappeared since. This only happened in the freighter version, and I made three subsequent flights with no reoccurance.

I am having the same issue and it has only occurred since the switch to P3D3. I am going to look at some of the suggestions in this thread. 

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guys

Today I downloaded and install -300 Ext pack. 200 version fly with not issues, I was so happy, but Now I have the same stabalizer/pitch control problem. I dont have FSUIPC, I have ORBX products qnd REX4 just installed a week ago, in a fresh windows 7 system. 777-200 very nice handling and no stabalizer conf warnings during Take off, but same as you, -300 with this bugs. I will follow this threat if some one could help us

Tnx! Greetings from Taiwan!

Im getting the same up/down whilein cruise.  In flying the 300.

But, i actually loaded up a saved flight.    I have been doing that from time to time, no issues until now, so i will try the advice of loading the T7 from the very begining and see what happens after landing... :fool:

Raphael Chacón

158745.png

FLYSIMWARE-SM#1378797 RXP750-#1533812 RXP530-#1526291 RXP430-#1543520 

FS2C #43560 #52175 #68068 #68152 #69299 #71201 #72243 #105040 SM#1325481

PMDG #60260 #73469 #144746 #194702 #196953 #230831 #236231 #251801 #266742 #336381  #397556

Well after follow pretty close the instruccions on "Important (and nearly foolproof!) Steps to Running your PMDG product in Prepar3D v3" It didn't change. While in my -200 series ver doesn't go out of trim, in the -300 just after apply TO power inmediatly I got an stabilizer runaway, which its impossible to fly. As suggested before, I saved a flight without any improvement. Note: I will open a ticket to PMDG, I notice stabilizer goes full nose down slowly, keeping that position at all times

Breaking news!

Well I own an apologies to PMDG, but this is my story: I assumed that after installing -200 series, Simconnect files as suggested in the readme.txt document, for -300 were not necessary, but I was totally wrong. So I uninstalled -300 and reinstall again following PMDG initial instructions and voila! Stabilizer now totally normal. Guys I hope it helps for those who have the same problem! I'm so happy!

I did restarted my flights from scratch and everything works fine now.  Apparently saved flight got corrupt(But i still can use saved flights when having power blockout, and goes well almost all time i got to say...).

Done for now...

Happy Flying! :wink:

Raphael Chacón

158745.png

FLYSIMWARE-SM#1378797 RXP750-#1533812 RXP530-#1526291 RXP430-#1543520 

FS2C #43560 #52175 #68068 #68152 #69299 #71201 #72243 #105040 SM#1325481

PMDG #60260 #73469 #144746 #194702 #196953 #230831 #236231 #251801 #266742 #336381  #397556