Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

MCE & RC4 - Question?

I know that William and Lorna can take over RC4 COMMS by requesting "your COMMS", but would it be possible for them to take over the plane itself? In RC4 'Otto' can take over the plane setting heading and altitude requests, especially useful while in cruise if one wants to take a 'comfort' break for a few minutes. Is this something which William & Lorna can/could do by requesting "your plane"?

Just a thought?

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

I think you'd have to have W/L have an identical script of recordings as RC goes for it to work flawlessly.

I'm not familiar with the MCE recordings but by taking note of RC recordings while at cruise, there just isn't that much. If you can duplicate MCE's files (like 'contact), make a .wav file, name it to match RC's and put it in a folder within RC, it should work.

Doug

Thinking about it, to hand the plane over to RC4's 'Otto', uses a key combination like Ctrl-Shft-M or K, can't quite remember. I guess one could create a Vox script "Your Plane" and associate with the appropriate key combination to hand the plane over to RC4's Otto. Then create another to take it back.

May work, will have to give it a try sometime.

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Thinking about it, to hand the plane over to RC4's 'Otto', uses a key combination like Ctrl-Shft-M or K, can't quite remember. I guess one could create a Vox script "Your Plane" and associate with the appropriate key combination to hand the plane over to RC4's Otto. Then create another to take it back.

May work, will have to give it a try sometime.

Stuart

Good catch

That's exactly what we would have done if it was to be implemented. And the bonus, you can decide what trigger sentence (you may create more than one) to use.

That should do it. However, you already know RC4 can only control aircraft whose autopilot and heading is using default FSX/P3D tokens.

I know that William and Lorna can take over RC4 COMMS by requesting "your COMMS", but would it be possible for them to take over the plane itself? In RC4 'Otto' can take over the plane setting heading and altitude requests, especially useful while in cruise if one wants to take a 'comfort' break for a few minutes. Is this something which William & Lorna can/could do by requesting "your plane"?

Just a thought?

Stuart

Yes, "your aircraft", VoxScript (autopilot on). Aircraft uses generic autopilot settings, either heading/altitude hold, or FMC managed flight. Depending upon what your flying!

If you want a challenge, try just verbal commands to the first officer to initiate a descent, approach (with ATC vectors) and landing. Just do it by voice commands and don't touch any controls. Our first officers can fly the aircraft, if you can tell them what to do and when to do it.

Fun!

regards

David.

Thanks David, will definitely give it a try.

May not work though with iFly737NG or Majestic

Q400, as they probably don't use default FSX Autopilot. We shall see.

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373