Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Problem with Earth Simulations Treescapes

I have just noticed that I do not have any Earth Simulations Treescapes autogen trees along the northern edge of the VFR3 Northern England photoscenery area (where it joins the VFR8 Southern Scotland scenery). The Scottish trees are working fine, and are displayed right up to the boundary. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be? I don't recall seeing this before, so I am puzzled.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

chris, IIRC the two volumes overlapped slightly and therefore the treescape volumes contained some duplicate autogen info. Is your vfr3 vol in a standard install folder or a customised one? might be that the vol8 stuff that overlapped didnt install properly?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

That's what I was thinking, Kevin. All of my flightsim stuff is located in the default folders, so there shouldn't have been a problem. I have tried reinstalling Treescapes for Volume 3, but that didn't solve the problem. I wonder if I should do the same for Volume 8? What type of ES autogen do you see in that northern boundary strip of VFR3, Kevin? Should it be the old style Treescapes, or is the new "Scotland" style Treescapes supposed to install into this section?

EDIT: I have just noticed that my current VFR8 Texture folder is 911MB, but the backed up version is 984MB. I am updating as I type, and I will let you know. Stand by....

That has not solved the issue, which rather puzzles me :huh:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

It's definitely something to do with the VFR GenX Volume 8 Scotland South photoscenery, because the Treescapes trees along the border with Scotland become visible if I disable Scotland South. The question is.....how do I get them both to work at the same time? I have tried reinstalling VFR8, but that didn't work :sad:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Have you tried placing Scotland under vol 3 northern England in scenery config?

Chris

+1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

I never thought of trying that as I have never had the problem before. I will let you know what happens.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

It could be the case that the photoscenery from either volume suppresses a strip in the other, in which case you will get the missing autogen even with the scenery in a different order. If so you'll have to copy the agn files for the relevant section from one volumes texture folder to the other, but it is solvable :)

xaP1VAU.png

It was never a problem before, Kevin. That's what puzzles me.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

yep my install was never a problem so I think something got corruoted somewhere for you? good news is that there WILL be a solution :)

xaP1VAU.png

A quick check seems to indicate that moving VFR8 Scotland South below VFR3 Northern England & Wales has done the trick. I will need to fly from outside the region and across it to make sure, but the signs are good. Many thanks for your help, Chris and Kevin :good:Now I just need to work out how to cut down the trees that are covering Gate 62 at EGNT Newcastle Xtreme!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I spoke slightly too soon. Whilst a large percentage of the missing trees have appeared, there is still an (admittedly much narrower strip) of trees on the border that are still not being displayed...

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Yep you need to identify what agn files are missing and copy them, that should fix the missing trees

xaP1VAU.png

Guesswork :P

No not really :) There will be a better way but I did it once by:

1. opening the bgl containing the area of missing trees in autogen editor

2. adding a single tree somewhere in the missing area

3. identifying the single agn file with the updated time/date stamp

4. copying a range of agn files with proximate names (there is an arcane naming methodology)

5. repeat until youve identified the naming methodology and can deduce which agn files you need -OR- youve filled in all the gaps by trial and error..

I believe each agn file covers roughly a 1km x 1km square. It should be possible to identify what ranges of agn filenames relate to your missing tree areas without too much difficulty by doing 2 bgls as I described above, one at the northwest corner and one at the southeast corner of your missing tree area :)

xaP1VAU.png