Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

EireSim EINN Shannon and EIKY Kerry

Does anyone here use EireSim's EINN Shannon and EIKY Kerry scenery packages with P3D? In addition, the Shannon package does not come with a photoscenery base. Can the runways/taxiways/aprons be used without the "in between" areas (so to speak)? I have the PlayHorizon VFR Republic of Ireland photoscenery installed, so I would like to be able to use that as a base, and put various elements of the EireSim scenery on top of it (and then add additional items based on the photo image).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hello Christopher;

Sorry, but I don't own any of them. Its a little of topic, but If you do decide to get the EINN airport, could you please report on what you think about it I.e textures, performance. For many months now, Im thinking about getting it myself.

Many Thanks,

Do you have photoscenery installed, ORBx, or Default? I will try to remember to come back to this thread if I decide to purchase it.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have Orbx Global, Vector, openLC Europe. I wanted to buy the FTX Ireland, but I mostly fly IFR, so no need really for FTX or photo scenery. From the Irish airports, I only have Aerosoft Dublin, I want to get more i.e. Cork, Kerry and of course Shannon (because I grew up there). Unfortunately nobody is making Irish airports other than Eiresim, but they seem a little old and outdated.

Yes, please let me know!

PS. I found a video on Youtube by a guy named Matt Davies? He was flying out of Shannon, but from what I have seen on his video, Shannon seemed a little laggy.

Best,

Edit: I posted some time ago on the Orbx forums asking about the FTX Ireland, since in the description it said that it 'enhanced many default airports'. The screenshots that they have provided, I have not seen any 'enhancements'

The airports are somewhat improved, but only in a basic fashion. I have FTX Republic of Ireland, but I decided that I wanted the PlayHorizon VFR Photographic Scenery version instead (since I have the entire UK covered with photoscenery). Even though the photoscenery does not have any autogen, it is (IMO) superior to the ORBx scenery. The detailed coastline, islands and water masking on approach to runway 28 at EIDW Dublin are worth the asking price alone. The coastlines in FTX products are rather crude (just like they are in all landclass scenery products), and the urban scenery looks repetitive and "generic". There may be a vast amount of autogen buildings and trees, but it simply does not compare to high resolution photoscenery, where each terrain texture is unique. It's also worth noting that FTX Republic of Ireland at high detail levels needs some hefty firepower to run well, particularly with Aerosoft Dublin added. My framerates have vastly improved since I switched to the photoscenery, and VAS usage has dropped considerably.

By the way, I use EireSim's Cork scenery. It is quite good, although I have made some extensive improvements to it where 3D objects and "clutter" are concerned. It's also worth noting that most of the main terminal detail is missing in P3D (only the outer shell is visible), but it works fine in FSX.

EDIT: UK2000 Belfast (Aldergrove) Xtreme is also worth getting if you are interested in Northern Ireland airports.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thank you Christopher. Im interested in Belfast. How is the performance? I will look at the EireSim Cork airport, thank you for your suggestion. Sorry that I cant really answer your original question. Hopefully someone else will. I have my fingers crossed that someone in the near future will develop some nice quality Irish Airports.

Many Thanks,

Performance of UK2000 Belfast Xtreme is excellent. You will not have any problems with framerates if you can run Aerosoft Dublin!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hello Christopher;

Did you end-up getting the Shannon Airport?

Many Thanks,

I haven't made a decision yet. I would have preferred to read comments from existing users of these two airports, particularly those who are using them with the PlayHorizon VFR GenX Ireland West photoscenery.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png