Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

Adding more realism? (Utilities)

I'm wondering what utilities there are for adding more realism to the feel of flying, I think I am satisfied with my current fleet of aircraft. I want something more. I already have RC4, which is a very nice add on I've been using for years. Is there anything else that I could add either to airport opperation, or something else that would make it feel much more realistic?

I would recommend:

Multi Crew Experience - voice interface with virtual FO and CABIN crew, as well as voice interface with RC4.

GSX - Ground vehicles, baggage, catering, fuel, pax, PUSHBACK, follow-me truck and Marshall's amongst other things.

EZDOk - create virtual camera views around vc as well as realistic head and aircraft movement on the ground and in the air.

Cheers,

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

I second MCE and GSX.

You could also consider FS Captain - there are a few common features as far as MCE is concerned (some virtual copilot functions), but primarily FSC adds the line flying aspect to the game: arriving in time, coordinating with dispatch, flight evaluation, a career mode, a failure generator, enhanced icing simulation in ground ops and during your flight, gate assignments ... stuff like that. Demo and documentation available at their website:

http://fscaptain.net/

FSC has been on sale every once in a while - so take your time checking and evaluating.

I'll add a third recommendation for MCE;  I'd also recommend you give VATSIM a whirl! 

Matt King

To make it "feel" more realistc: AccuFeel from A2A and EZDOK. Best combined with TrackIR

LORBY-SI

Depends on what airplanes you fly.  GSX and MCE for bigger planes, I think.  Orbx airports for GA (though, some would work with larger airplanes).  EZDoc or TrackIR (or both) for every plane.  AccuFeel for all airplanes. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Don't forget weather, for that I recommend 2 addons, REX4 Texture, for replacement textures, and Active Sky Next for the weather engine. You probably should also consider a file planner. For this, there are payware stand alone programs like FSBuild, but I'd recommend using an online site which happens to be free. Simbrief.com  This will create a whole flight package for you, 

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

FS Passengers, start a career as a pilot.

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

Hardware and a utility - buy a Microsoft Force Feedback 2 joystick (eBay?) and get the FS Force software add-on. Massively increases the feeling of immersion when flying. Also look at Ideal Flight (http://www.codelegend.com/idealflight/). Too many features to list here, well worth going to the website to check it out.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Don't forget weather, for that I recommend 2 addons, REX4 Texture, for replacement textures, and Active Sky Next for the weather engine. You probably should also consider a file planner. For this, there are payware stand alone programs like FSBuild, but I'd recommend using an online site which happens to be free. Simbrief.com This will create a whole flight package for you,

I also like to get flight plans on FlightAware.com. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I also like to get flight plans on FlightAware.com. 

That's what I do to (When I fly in US) then I import them into simbrief, to create a flight package. I wish Flghtaware included FP's for the international flights as well.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

That's what I do to (When I fly in US) then I import them into simbrief, to create a flight package. I wish Flghtaware included FP's for the international flights as well.

Why would you import them when you can get them from right inside of Simbrief?

FA_zpsbipgunqm.jpg

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Why would you import them when you can get them from right inside of Simbrief?

That's what I meant, when you click the flightaware box, it links to the current flights for that destination pair. Then I select the FP I want to use then copy it into the Simbrief Route box. Just noticed the new option to export the flightplan to Skyvector! Keeps getting better and better :smile:

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!