Sign in to follow this  
Gh3003

Still getting "not in database" in the FMC

Hello - another problem have showed up.

I paid for a navigraph update to my fmc. Through the FMS data interface it seem to have updated my FMC - and even on the FMC it stands it is upgraded with the current month this year.

In the company route i write enfgengm - still i get "not in database.

Why does this happen?

Greetings from (the slightly demotivated) Gunbar

I see - so in this case it will be 001 after? Do i have to store my fsx flightplan as enfgengm001(.pln), or is that not related?

I see - so in this case it will be 001 after? Do i have to store my fsx flightplan as enfgengm001(.pln), or is that not related?

Digits are optional in PMDG company routes and certainly not required for FSX flight plans. However the Navigraph database doesn't come with any company routes defined, so you can't just enter ENFGENGM and expect it to load a route. In effect you are the company and you have to create any routes you want to save.

ki9cAAb.jpg

You save the route as ENFGENGM and the 001 is added automatically. If you save ENFGENGM a second time, it is automatically saved as ENFGENGM002. I am assuming you are talking about the 747.

If you look at the PMDG FLIGHTPLANS folder in Windows Explorer, if you have already saved the route, you should find ENFGENGM001.rte. The routes which you save are .rte and the default routes are .rt2.

Dugald Walker

PMDG aircraft does not use .pln (FSX) flight plans. It uses .RTE files FSX does not create these, you need to use a 3rd party Flight planner. If you don't have one, you can create one and export it from here  simbrief.com You can export multiple types of flightplans from here, but you will need o move them from your browsers download folder to the appropriate folder for your addon., in this case PMDG. These are stored in your FSX folder under PMDG\Flightplans. Just copy the exported .rte file to this folder and you'll be able to access it in the 744. There are also other payware 3rd party flight planners, that you can set up to export directly into addons flightplan folders. One I use is FSBuild.

Tom Cain

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Hi - i was able to load the route succesfully. Why doesnt the route appear as a magenta line in the navigation display?

Do you mean that it doesn't appear at all or it doesn't not appear in magenta?

> If it appears on the ND but not in magenta, you have to activate it on the FMC (RSK6 on the route first page then EXEC)

> If it doesn't appear at all on the ND:

_ turn the selector switch to "PLAN" on the EFIS to display that mode on the ND to check if the route appears here.

If it appears here but not in MAP mode, then it is that your IRS are not (yet) aligned.

When you load a route in the FMC, it will be displayed immediately on the ND in PLAN mode (so that you can check it before confirming it in the FMC) but not in MAP mode until the IRS are fully aligned.

When the IRS are aligned and the route is loaded in the FMC, it will be displayed in Cyan until you activate it, then it turns to magenta.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Have you read and accomplished any of the multiple tutorials available from PMDG for this aircraft?  If not, you won't get the experience that you should.

David Jones

Budbud - i will try this now.

David - unfortunatly, how much i want i'm not able to load the tutorial files :(

I tried, something seem to be strange.

Apparently i can't enter both origin and destination airport in the rte 1 page when i enter the co route. If i enter the co route it will erase the origin airport. When i entered the company route the airports dissappeared from the ND.

The route does not appear in any case - just the airports - no line to illustrate the route. Wonder how i get get around this issue...

I just discovered that if i add the airport code on the LEG page, a line appears, but i wonder if it is like this its suppose to be

I am certainly not an expert but I think that, if entering the CO ROUTE erases the origin airport, it's because the origin airport is not shown in the CO ROUTE

Can you open your CO ROUTE in Notepad and see if ENFG is shown?

Dugald Walker

There may be also a problem with your company route and its format. 

Where do you get it from? 

When you load a company route in the route page 1, the origin and destination airport should remain. In the leg page however, the airports should not appear.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Thank you everyone -

I do not use company routes yet - but i will, if there is a way i can make my own

Greetings from Gunnar