Sign in to follow this  
keenrw

Font Problems with the FSX version

Hi

I have some font problems with FSX effecting some add ons .. the Wilco Airbus ..IFLY 737 and FS2CREW for the IFLY ....i dont have these problems with FS9 , i will try and get a screen shot later but i wondered what FONT FS2CREW uses for the display window ? and were its put ? .. as i said i have no problems at all with FS9 on the same PC .

Thanks

Rich

ugcx_banner.png

Hi

Nope it's not the font size as its set at 100 and 98dp or what ever ...it's strange as FS9 displays fine , I have u installed FSX now , basically it was effecting a few fonts and some BMP files ,..it appeared like some of the fonts were misaligned and the bit maps looked a bit odd ..I uninstalled and reinstalled 2 times but I can't get it to look right , if I install it again I will get a few pics to show you ..it's very odd and annoying ...so it's back to FS9 for me now (plus better FPS)

ugcx_banner.png

It's the graphics settings. DO NOT set the graphics to Performance. set it between or to quality. After searching for long time I finally found the solution. Now I have it in between, I have the font, and guess what, no significant fps decrease.

It's the graphics settings. DO NOT set the graphics to Performance. set it between or to quality. After searching for long time I finally found the solution. Now I have it in between, I have the font, and guess what, no significant fps decrease.

Thanks for sharing that.  Where is that setting?  

Thanks for sharing that.  Where is that setting?  

I have intel hd graphics, and it is in "Graphics Properties". For the others, just check the same thing, the graphics configuration tool or similar, you must find a thing where you can set to quality or performance.

Hi 

Thanks for the replies .. a little update my probem effects most 2D panels so its not just FS2CREW , i thought it was a font problem but its not as its like a diaginal line running though the panel , here is a screen shot to show you .. i have arrowed in the line and you can see it effects the FS2CREW window too hence why i thought it was a font problem .

Im starting to think this is an ATI Driver problem as my PC has a AMD/ATI R7360 graphics card .. my other older PC has a Nvidia card and looks fine so i installed FSX into my laptop thats has a ATI Graphics card and it gets the lines too .. its like some one has cut the panel in hafe and put it back slightly wrong.

Image1_zpshemgm77l.jpg

Thanks

Rich

ugcx_banner.png

Hi Byork

i know its an old post opss but just thought i would update you , yes it was an AMD/Driver issue .... i have since moved to an Nvidia Graphics card and everything now looks as it should.

ugcx_banner.png