Sign in to follow this  
rfresh737

G1000 Nav Setup Question

I'm flying the Carenado Phenom 100 on FSX. I'm trying to setup the LOOP9 KLAX SID for departure on the runway 25R. For this departure, I usually set the #2 VOR to the Santa Monica VOR, with a 160 course to monitor passing this radial for noise abatement and then I can start a left turn to a heading of 235 degrees and fly our over the ocean.

I'm new to the G1000 and am wondering how do I set up this to display on the FO's PFD and have my Capt PFD set to KLAX VOR with a 250 course? So far, the two HSI's seem to always want to show the same display. I press the CDI soft key to cycle thru the VOR 1 and VOR 2 displays but I would like to display two separate VOR displays on the HSI's...is this possible? (I'm coming off of the 737NGX where this was a snap to set up).

Thanks...

I'm using the Phenom 300, and the two PFD gauges operate in tandem.

They are separate gauges, and I would think that you could delve into the XML programming

and change them so that they use separate variables and operate independently of one another..

How are your XML skills?   :wink:  

On the other hand, can you not use the Bearing pointers for this?

Bert

I'm using the Phenom 300, and the two PFD gauges operate in tandem.

They are separate gauges, and I would think that you could delve into the XML programming

and change them so that they use separate variables and operate independently of one another..

How are your XML skills?   :wink:  

On the other hand, can you not use the Bearing pointers for this?

Hmmm...too bad they are not separate. That surprises me. Lol yes I can use the bearing pointers...I just have to find them :-) Thanks...

Hmmm...too bad they are not separate. That surprises me. Lol yes I can use the bearing pointers...I just have to find them :-) Thanks...

That is the difference between PMDG and Carenado.. :wink:

Bert

No kidding. ..the PMDG is the gold standard...but I dont know how many developers work on the Phenom 100...maybe a small team. ..