Sign in to follow this  
falopz

duke aircraft.cfg HOW To GET TO THIS FOLDER

hi i got the landing gear issue with the dukev2 there is a fix out there but i havce yo het to aircraft.cfg but i dont jnow where it is some poeple say program data some say in roaming , or x 86l i have widows 7

Luis

In all probability, it's in the P3D folder, SimObjects, and aircraft's name............several folders inside of this folder.  Most "all" aircraft.cfg's are located this way.

<drive>:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\SimObjects\Airplanes\RealAir Duke Turbine V2

or

<drive>:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\RealAir Duke Turbine V2

The boxed FSX version has a different path, but aircraft.cfg is still in ...\SimObjects\Airplanes\RealAir Duke Turbine V2. Don't forget to first make a backup of the default aircraft.cfg file.

Just yesterday, I solved the landing gear issue by completely unchecking the 'detect crashes and damage' option within the realism settings of P3D. You find this hint on page 14 of the manual, too. Many thanks to Rob by RealAir for his prompt advice.

Arndt

Arndt Laube

P3Dv4.5 and P3Dv5

Brunner CLS-E Yoke & Rudder, 2x Logitech Throttle, several GoFlight modules

Intel i7 9700K, 16 GB RAM, Geforce 1080Ti, monitors 3840 x 2160 and 1360 x 768

Do as Jay explained above.

If you want to keep the "detect crashes and damage" checked, try this:  This is from Rob also.

Fix for landing gear problem:

Open the aircraft.cfg in notepad and fix the contact point as follows:

[contact_points]

Change

point.1=1, -8.04, -5.40,...............3,1......200

To period instead of a comma.

Should look like this:   point.1=1, -8.04, -5.40,.........3.1......200.

Hope this helps, and is what you were looking for.

Rod

Rod Beck

rlkjmt73 is correct. I've had to adjust that once in FSX and twice in P3d. It always catches me on a new install. Pretty decent graphic effects too.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's