Sign in to follow this  
Trance77

FS2Crew 737NGX won't load up anymore...period!

Hey All,

I know FSX is very tempermental and stuff will break or just simply stop working without any help from the user.  Well it would appear this has just happened.  My FS2Crew for the NGX was working flawlessly for a very long time.  I did nothing to the sim or the NGX that would otherwise mess up the loading.  Now FS2CREW simply will not load up into the aircraft.  I've troubleshooted everything that is in the manual with no luck.   I'm at a complete loss here as to what on earth happened.  I load up with the default trike and everything. 

Anyone on here on the forums experience this and know a solution?  I've already un-installed the program and re-installed it with no luck.  Even loading the button control doesn't work.   The only thing I haven't done yet is re-install the NGX. 

Help is appreciated.  Thank you all.

I just tested FS2CREW with the AirbusX and the PMDG777 and they don't load up either.  This is very troubling.

Thanks. 

Hard to guess, but I'd start by:

1. Deleting your FSX.CFG file.  It will rebuild.

Don't forget to re-apply ******* Bojote CFG tweaker.

2. Double check that FS2Crew is on the panel.cfg file for the host aircraft.  Sometimes if you install an update for the host aircraft, it wipes the panel.cfg file clean (restores it to its original state).

Remember FS2Crew consists of gauge files.  FS2Crew only loads when the aircraft panel.cfg is loaded.

Ok Perfect.  Thanks for the reply byork.  I'll give it a try and see what happens.  Out of curiosity....what does the config panel supposed to show when FS2Crew was properly loaded?  I've opened it up and it didn't really show much. 

Thanks.

Ok.  So I deleted the fsx.cfg file and re-started FSX and rebuilt the .cfg.  I tried launching the program in the 737NGX...again it did not load.   When I try to launch FS2CREW using the view menu and instrument panel within FSX, it only shows a large black box with has nothing in it.  When I load up the 777 and launching it this way, the panel appears and is operational.  Same goes for my Airbus FS2CREW. 

So it would appear that it's only messing up on my NGX.  I've done no special updates or tweaks to it of any kind for quite some time.  I'm at a loss.  I just tried re-installing it again with no luck. 

The black rectangle means the gauge did not load.

That your Airbus and 777 FS2Crew's work is good.  It means there is nothing wrong with your system.

So why does your FS2Crew NGX panel not load anymore?

Hard to guess since you said it worked fine before.

How are you loading the NGX?  Don't use saved situation files.  Default aircraft should be the trike.

And confirm you're using the Legacy NGX version and not the new Reboot version.

I always load up the sim with the default Trike, then select the NGX.  I've never used a saved situation file.  The plane always loads up cold and dark.  I've tried it again...and still only opens up a blank box.  I've tried loading up the button control as well as voice control.  No change. 

I am using the Legacy NGX version yes and have all the latest updates for the PMDG. 

Ok.  I re-installed everything including the NGX and am happy to report that it's now functional again.  Phew.  Thanks for your follow-up byork.   Much appreciated.