Sign in to follow this  
iainsmith

No AI Traffic in SE with Windows 10

The title says it all really. I've just moved to Windows 10 and although FSX-SE loads up really quickly compared with W7, this is possibly because I have no AI traffic.

All my WoAI aircraft are in the correct folder and traffic level is set for 55% but nothing at all shows up at any airport.

I did a search but could not find any reference to this problem but I did see some problems attributed to FSDT's GSX. Could that be the problem here?

I'd appreciate any suggestions as to the likely cause. Thanks.

Iain Smith

The upgrade to Win10 shouldn't have done anything to your AI setup at all. Check your paths to where you have your AI aircraft and traffic bgl's to ensure they are set correctly.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

The upgrade to Win10 shouldn't have done anything to your AI setup at all.

Well I hear what you say Dave but this has only happened since I upgraded. I've checked the file path in the cfg file but I'm not sure it is right. Against Simobject 6 it had the file path to my boxed version which is on my F drive. The SE version is on the default C drive. The other strange thing is that the file path for both versions ends in SimObjects\Airplanes\WOAI. But I don't have a folder WOAI - my WoAI traffic aircraft folders are all in the Airplanes directory.

Could you look at your fsx.cfg file and tell me what that file path is, please? Thanks.

Iain Smith 

My setup is all custom, the various Simobject settings point to where I've got my AI aircraft and yours should too. Personally I keep my AI aircraft on a different SSD (it doesn't really matter where it's kept), as long as the Simobjects entry is correct and in order. Next to check is that your AI traffic files are in a location that they'll be used by FSX.

The Windows10 install still wouldn't have changed anything in your FSX.cfg.

Next to check is that your AI traffic files are in a location that they'll be used by FSX.

They are in the same location as they were in Win 7.

The Windows10 install still wouldn't have changed anything in your FSX.cfg.

No, I'm sure it didn't but it changed something!

I'll keep battling with it in the hope of finding a solution.

Iain Smith

Iain- 

What happens if you delete WOAI extension from the fsx.cfg line?  I have my AI aircraft in a separate folder like this  SimObjects/Airplanes/AI_Aircraft

I did the Win10 upgrade and my AI traffic worked fine but when I did a clean OS install of Win 10 I had to do the Recompile of traffic files using the AIFP program.

Not sure if you have this program.  If you type FSX AIFP in google it will pop up right away.  Its called AI Flight Planner. 

I had this happen a few times where no ai aircraft would show.  I hit recompile and everything was back to normal. 

Its just a great program to have overall to change any facet of AI traffic. 

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

I did the Win10 upgrade and my AI traffic worked fine but when I did a clean OS install of Win 10 I had to do the Recompile of traffic files using the AIFP program.

Again, installing Windows 10 will have no effect on your traffic bgl's, it doesn't change your FS internals in any way. The issues where you suddenly don't have AI showing up are most often from adding FS9 compiled traffic files (which all WoAI files are, even though you select FSX using the WoAI installer). You can't have any mix of traffic files compiled for FS9 with ones compiled for FSX, if you do only the FS9 traffic will show up in FSX or P3d for that matter.

And AIFP will find that rogue FS9 file.  That as well has happened to me before.  

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

You can't have any mix of traffic files compiled for FS9 with ones compiled for FSX, if you do only the FS9 traffic will show up in FSX or P3d for that matter.

Well I have not found that to be true. I have a mix of WoAI traffic files and I see ones that I addded since moving to FSX as well as the FS9 ones.

Anyway I started getting messages when starting FSX-SE about AI aircraft with duplicate titles. As I have both boxed and steam versions installed and as I don't use the boxed version I uninstalled that and deleted all the add-on and traffic files hoping that would solve the problem. However, I now get messages that there are duplicate titles for the flyable aircraft that I have installed but I cannot see how this can be or where the duplication is occurring. I've looked at the various aircraft cfg files but cannot find any instance of a duplicated title.

So, the mysterious behaviour of my Steam installation continues.

Iain Smith

Well I have not found that to be true. I have a mix of WoAI traffic files and I see ones that I addded since moving to FSX as well as the FS9 ones.

Hate to say it,but it is completly true. WoAI files even though you have selected FSX as your install are not in the FSX format unless you converted them yourself.

The duplicate title issue as well is most likely not a mystery at all. Between your FSX.cfg and where ever you've got your aircraft added is where lies the problem. Fixing it should be pretty simple.

The duplicate title issue as well is most likely not a mystery at all. Between your FSX.cfg and where ever you've got your aircraft added is where lies the problem. Fixing it should be pretty simple.

This is a statement that seems to say a lot but actually imparts no information whatsoever. What do you mean Dave by "between your cfg and where you have your a/craft added lies the problem"?

Iain Smith

Simply that your FSX.cfg points to where you have your AI aircraft. If that entry is correct and that your traffic.bgl's are in an active scenery folder that ideally doesn't contain a mix of FSX and FS9 formatted traffic, then you will have traffic. It's not a windows 10 issue.

Got my traffic back in FSX-SE on Win 10. How? Simply by re-installing all my WoAI files in spite of them being a mix of FS9 and FSX traffic files.

I must also say I'm getting very good frame rates and smoothness with Win 10 in DX10. I'm going to purchase Steve's DX10 fixer.

Iain Smith

Simply by re-installing all my WoAI files in spite of them being a mix of FS9 and FSX traffic files.

Good that you've got your traffic back, but it doesn't work like that. Mixing FS9 and FSX traffic files WILL cause issues in which the FSX traffic does not show. Your traffic files are probably all FS9 formatted files as the WoAI installer doesn't convert them to FSX in any way. The traffic will be a day off is the only difference.