Sign in to follow this  
DcoltGaming

Fsx box edition not opening windows 10

Hi,

I am having problems with my FSX box edition. Upon start, it takes forever to get to the main screen, where I click on any of the buttons, the sim just freezes and crashes. When I select fly now, it just goes to a black screen. A couple of times it has managed to get into the simulator, but has only 2 fps. This has only happened since upgrading to windows 10.

Any ideas?

Thanks

DcoltGaming

Is it set up to launch FSX full screen? This caused problems for me where it'd invariably CTD when trying to fly (set Maximised to 0 in your fsx.cfg).

I had the same issue when I first upgraded to windows 10. I'd start it and it would just hang on the splash screen and that was as far as I could get. I couldn't figure it out and finally decided "if it's not broke, then don't fix it" and reverted back to windows 7. I reformatted last night and finally have W10 up and running on a clean install. I attempted to install FSX and the installer seemed to hang up. Closed the installer and tried again, same result.

I finally threw in the towel and purchased FSX:SE which is downloading now..   :Whistle: 

Fingers crossed.

No, it is not set up to start in full screenmode. After deleting the shaders contents, I can now get into the sim, but it keeps stuttering, with like 2 fps. 

You need to update your video card drivers. Right now you are using the Win 10 generic drivers.

Are you sure they are installed correctly? You may still be using the generic VGA drivers.

i just wanted to throw this in but fsx-se is fully supported in windows 10, the changes dovetale has made to fsx are not mind blowing, but certainly a far better choice for boxed users,for 5 bucks you cant get hurt, everything works better, no discs to mess with, no key to activate.i even chose fsx-se over p3d until someone comes along and creates a 64 bit something,i couldnt do long flights in p3d or fsx boxed, i was already a steam guy so i broke down and bought it a month after it came out on steam and haven't looked back, the dx10 fixer dumps alot of the load on your graphics card as well.i didn't post this to make anyone mad but the boxed fsx version is dead.save yourself some time and frustration and at least give fsx-se a chance,i can promise you, that you won't regret it.if fsx-se is the only version on your computer you can install addons just as if it was the boxed version.when your installers ask for fsx,fsx-se or p3d just chose fsx.good luck to you.

Where do you see FSX-SE for sale for only $5 on Steam?  It is currently for sale for $25, more than I paid for the boxed Gold Edition 5 years ago.  

The boxed edition is supported to the same extent in Win 10 as the SE edition is. There is no reason to re-purchase FSX just to solve this issue.