Sign in to follow this  
kikimax

Timothy 737-200

I just finished installing timothy's 737-200, the planes are beautiful, my problem is the panel, it doesn't show the gauges, I updated the panel fix

but the gauge don't show.

I'm fairly new at FSX and I need someone to walk me in helping me how to install the fsfsconv in the sim, I have no clue how to do it.

Thanks

Well, this is the 2nd forum I'm asking this in!  Give us a clue as to where you downloaded this

"Timothy" 737-200 from.  Then maybe we can help you.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

TM as in "Tin Mouse?  His description in the other forum was "737-200 updated multi-livery pack" and

that's all we could get from him.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

You are absolutely right, let see if I can break it down for you, so you can understand better.

The 737-200 multy- livery pack is fine, everything works there, great package.

Now my problem is with the TinMouseII 737-200 package, I installed the folder in with no problem, started MSX and the planes are there, beautiful planes, very detail

my problem is now with the panel, it does not show the gauges, I read the instructions carefully but I don't quite understand how to set up this part, I'm going to paste it here and

see if you can help me. thanks for all your help.

7.  Copy the \Aircraft\fsfsconv\panel.B732ADV folder to the FS9 \Aircraft\fsfsconv folder.
    If \Aircraft\fsfsconv folder does not exist, create it.  If the panel files are moved
    to a different folder, the panel sounds will not work.

The TinMouseII package with the b732ADV panel will not work in FSX.  The gauges show as black

holes.  This aircraft was for FS2004 and probably uses FS98 gauges.  The fsfsconv folder

contains the panel.b732ADV folder which doesn't work for FSX.  If you like these aircraft then

substitute the 737_800 panel instead.

Charlie Aron

Completely wrong.  I use the Tinmouse in both FS9 (FS2004) and in FSX.  The designers gave that aircraft FSX compatibility a long time ago and even generated "tailored for FSX" install instructions.  Please see the Tinmouse sub-forum here at AVSIM.  My "user rights" won't let me post the link to that sub-forum, but if you look for it in the "freeware" section you will see it.

As for the fsfsconv folder not working in FSX, also wrong.  I have it in FSX under FSX/Simobjects/Airplanes and it works perfectly.  The panel for the TM737-200 called "panel.b732ADV" sits within and works perfectly.

Randy

Completely wrong.  I use the Tinmouse in both FS9 (FS2004) and in FSX.  The designers gave that aircraft FSX compatibility a long time ago and even generated "tailored for FSX" install instructions.  Please see the Tinmouse sub-forum here at AVSIM.  My "user rights" won't let me post the link to that sub-forum, but if you look for it in the "freeware" section you will see it.

As for the fsfsconv folder not working in FSX, also wrong.  I have it in FSX under FSX/Simobjects/Airplanes and it works perfectly.  The panel for the TM737-200 called "panel.b732ADV" sits within and works perfectly.

Randy

I'm happy for you!  The FS2004 TinMouseII multi-livery package from Simviation, the one I tried and the

one the OP has probably used, or had from when he was using FS2004, would not show any gauges on

the panel using the panel.b732ADV.

TinMouse.jpg

Charlie Aron

And I'm happy for you as well.  Happy because if you look in the AVSIM Library using "Search for: Tinmouse" and "In the category: FSX Original aircraft" the very, very first "hit" is the download for the Tinmouse II B737-200 that can be installed in either FS2004 or FSX...or both if, like me, you still have both platforms installed.

The install instructions are very, very specific for both platforms.  If you do not follow them to the letter in precisely the right order, placing files in the correct FS or system folder guess what...the gauges will be black.

Randy

And I'm happy for you as well.  Happy because if you look in the AVSIM Library using "Search for: Tinmouse" and "In the category: FSX Original aircraft" the very, very first "hit" is the download for the Tinmouse II B737-200 that can be installed in either FS2004 or FSX...or both if, like me, you still have both platforms installed.

The install instructions are very, very specific for both platforms.  If you do not follow them to the letter in precisely the right order, placing files in the correct FS or system folder guess what...the gauges will be black.

Randy

tinmousesb732V2.zip from Simviation.  This is the file I used and I'm fairly sure the same one

the OP used, except for the fact he has been VERY VAGUE about the download site he got

it from.  I am not questioning the fact that there are FSX usable files for the TinMouse out there!

Charlie Aron

Charlie,

All's well and good.  I just didn't want someone to see the posts above and think that the TinMouse II will not work in FSX when in fact it has since version 1.30 published more than four years ago (and even wide screen with version 1.40).

I've installed it personally under two different operating systems in three different computers in both platforms over the years and the install...and gauges...worked flawlessly first time every time.  The key for the OP to get it working (and you if you want to) is to download it from the AVSIM Library...make sure it is version 1.30 or greater...and then follow the install line by line and it will work.

I encourage both of you...if you are interested...in visiting the Tinmouse Forum here at AVSIM and read up on this fantastic bird.  I have payware that are not as detailed as she is, especially the panel.

Randy