Sign in to follow this  
mikealpha

777 Remote CDU Server for iOS / Android

Hi PMDG-Team,

not sure if you have noticed, Mark Foti released a Remote CDU Server for Android / IOS for the 737 NGX :

library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=191519

Works great on a tablet or big smartphone and much enhances the fun !

If I understood Mark correctly, a 777 version would need similar SDK contents.

If at all possible, please consider making this for the 777 possible as well.

Mike Ackermann

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

Hi PMDG-Team,

I just have installed Mark's Remote CDU for the B737NGX and it's an amazing tool and a great idea to have the CDU on an external device, especially when using a touchscreen tablet, it's a total new level of flight experience. It would be great to have it for the B777 as well.

Regards,

Daniel

+1

It´s apps like this that realy enhances immersion.

Finn Jacobsen

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

...one more vote. Bought it for the 73 - it works brilliant. No frame impact, nearly no delay. Want it for the 77 too!

Greetz from Germany, Björn

Add one more vote here! Definitely a must-have to enhance the PMDG experience.

Best,

Bill

Daniel, just in case you might not know. Are you aware of this?

http://www.virtualavionics.com.br/produto.php?PRO_RowID=12

I have been using this app for quite a while, together with their other CDUs, and they are nothing but fantastic.

i have been using this as well for along time, i use it on my 8 inch tablet for my pmdg 737,777 and aersoft airbus,i think they have one now for the ifly 747

Daniel, just in case you might not know. Are you aware of this?

http://www.virtualavionics.com.br/produto.php?PRO_RowID=12

I have been using this app for quite a while, together with their other CDUs, and they are nothing but fantastic.

Sorry but these posts aren't about advertising an alternative at $20 it's about asking pmdg to open up the sdk for another developer to create an alternative. $20 is out of the reach of some people €5 may be more acceptable to them.

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

Sorry but these posts aren't about advertising

Cool down, mate. I'm not advertising anything. I am not a developer to have business in it.

All I did was showing someone (not you) an alternative which he might or might not know.

I am intelligent enough to know different people have different budgets. For this exact reason I am not using a hardware CDU, though I would love to.

Cool down, mate. I'm not advertising anything. I am not a developer to have business in it.

All I did was showing someone (not you) an alternative which he might or might not know.

I am intelligent enough to know different people have different budgets. For this exact reason I am not using a hardware CDU, though I would love to.

Perfectly cool "mate"

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

+1

CPU: Intel Core i5-11400 CPU Tray 2.6 GHz/4.4 GHz | RAM: Kingston FURY Beast RGB DDR4 2666 MHz 16GB | GPU: Gainward GeForce RTX 3060 Ghost | HD: Kingston NV1 NVMe M.2 SSD 1TB x2 | Skjerm: Samsung 32" Odyssey G5 Curved | OS: Windows 11 Home

Guys

I vaguely recall PMDG stating that they are not allowing access to the CDU programming on the 777 due to the risk of 3rd party apps messing with their code / logic. Something like they would allow viewing via SDK but not changing values?

That said, it seems to be available on the NGX so not entirely sure here.

Kyle?