Sign in to follow this  
mikealpha

777 Remote CDU Server for iOS / Android

I am not sure then how virtual cdu does it.why would the sdk allow anybody to change rhe core logic in the fmc.it will just allow the user to enter the data and get the output..

I am not sure then how virtual cdu does it.why would the sdk allow anybody to change rhe core logic in the fmc.it will just allow the user to enter the data and get the output..

By entering data, you are changing the variables of the FMC. This could interfere with PMDG logic if not done correctly.

I hope PMDG will make it possible for his program to be used with the777.  It works very well with the NGX (at least in view mode -- I haven't purchased the full version yet.)

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

By entering data, you are changing the variables of the FMC. This could interfere with PMDG logic if not done correctly.

Yes but the same can be done by user too..from the interface..

Yes but the same can be done by user too..from the interface..

The CDU is not the FMC, it's just an interface to it. Like your keyboard and monitor is in relation to your PC. The SDK doesn't allow a third party developer to access core FMC logic. It allows a developer to control CDU keypad presses and display the status of the CDU, just as the user does in the VC interface. If the developer ignored the SDK and hacked into the PMDG code that would be a EULA violation and might well affect sim operation.

ki9cAAb.jpg

So the question still stands then... How do virtual CDU do it?

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

So the question still stands then... How do virtual CDU do it?

No secret to that, he used the NGX SDK. Apparently the 777 SDK would need to be extended, so not possible at the moment.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I think you're missing the point. The company Virtual CDU have a 777 app already. If the sdk isn't available for Mark to create the app then how have Virtual CDU done it?

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

I'm not very smart but can it simply be a matter of sending a panel window to an IP address on the user's machine? In this case, the "popout" panel of the CDU?

I figure if it was that easy, no one would need the SDK. But then again, I too would like to know how the Brazilian guy at Virtual CDU has already done it for the 777 and a host of other aircraft...

I still dont understand why does anyone have to mess with fmc logic at all? Eg . You have sdk api to set origin airport. The application uses it to set the origin airport.Sdk takes that value and gives it to fmc.fma returns back successfully or sends an error message.Sdk returns that value.the interfacing cdu uses that to display in message box..where is the fmc logic being messed???

The CDU is not the FMC, it's just an interface to it. Like your keyboard and monitor is in relation to your PC. The SDK doesn't allow a third party developer to access core FMC logic. It allows a developer to control CDU keypad presses and display the status of the CDU, just as the user does in the VC interface. If the developer ignored the SDK and hacked into the PMDG code that would be a EULA violation and might well affect sim operation.

I still dont understand why does anyone have to mess with fmc logic at all? Eg . You have sdk api to set origin airport. The application uses it to set the origin airport.Sdk takes that value and gives it to fmc.fma returns back successfully or sends an error message.Sdk returns that value.the interfacing cdu uses that to display in message box..where is the fmc logic being messed???

No app has to mess with the FMC logic to use the CDU remotely. Why do you think they do?

ki9cAAb.jpg

Dear folks,

sorry for not diving into the discussions here (and I have been following them all), but I didn't want to get involved while still waiting for PMDG's feedback.

Exciting news!!

Thanks to the great team at PMDG; I'm happy to announce there will be a version of the Remote CDU for the 777.

Both the 737 and 777 version are approved by PMDG in that the technology used to access the CDU is not in violation of their terms.

So to reassure everyone here: the app IS NOT interfering with the CDU's / FMC's logic.

ETA: roughly a week from today.

Thanks to all the supporters.

Mark Foti

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

Thanks to the great team at PMDG; I'm happy to announce there will be a version of the Remote CDU for the 777.

Both the 737 and 777 version are approved by PMDG in that the technology used to access the CDU is not in violation of their terms.

Great News! Thanks, Mark & thanks to PMDG.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2