Sign in to follow this  
Opus Software

OpusFSX To OpusFSI Upgrade

Upgrade Available Only Until End of September

To answer a few queries regarding this upgrade...

The OpusFSX To OpusFSI Upgrade was available at the 50% discounted price of $24.95 for over a year. Recently the upgrade price has slowly been increased to its current $34.95 level. Our plan is to make this upgrade available until the end of September 2015, after which it will be phased out altogether.

Stephen :smile:

Hi,

I don't really consider the complete removal of the FSXtoFSI upgrade possiblity a very user friendly gesture, although I understand the reason behind it.
Nevertheless - being an early OpusFSX owner - it was just today that I desided to upgrade to the FSI version, and not being aware of the 'deadline' I was really amazed to see the opportunity has vanished forever.

But this is not the end of the story, downloaded and tried to install the FSI wrapper, which is asking 99.99 USD, whereas on the website the price is 45 E.

What's going on?

Potroh

The OpusFSX to OpusFSI Upgrade was available to users for well over 18 months.

The discounted upgrade option has now been removed and the purchase price of OpusFSI reduced to only 45 dollars (only 5 dollars more than the previous upgrade cost).

The 99.99 dollar price is attached to the upgrade wrapper to stop people using it to purchase the upgrade licence which will soon be completely invalidated anyway. The wrapper of course must remain to allow licensed users to re-activate their upgrade licence on new PCs. The licencing will (at the same time) be simplified so that existing users who purchased the initial OpusFSX to OpusFSI Upgrade will not need to install and activate both the former OpusFSX and OpusFSI Upgrade licences.

So what's going on is necessary in order to eventually simplify the Flight1 licensing. Users have had a discounted upgrade available for over 18 months which is more than long enough in our opinion. To compensate, the purchase price of OpusFSI has been reduced so that it now costs only 5 dollars more than what the upgrade option had cost before it was removed.

Stephen :-)

There is NO price for the upgrade on the website.

The price on the website is for the OpusFSI purchase ... has nothing to do with the former upgrade option.

All wrapper EXEs must have a price attached ... the website clearly says that this wrapper option is 'Not For Sale' so users should not attempt to purchase it.

You purchase the new OpusFSI product for 44.95 dollars instead.

Next time I post the Upgrade wrapper I will attach a price of 999.99 dollars which in addition to the Not For Sale label on the website should make it abundantly clear that the wrapper is not intended as a valid purchase option.

Ah shucks! ............ just went over to your website to upgrade from my OpusFSX licence, to a OpusFSI licence, only to see no option, and this thread confirming you've withdrawn the upgrade path.

It seems this end of September withdrawal co-incides with the release of P3D3, when a lot of OpusFSX users would want to get in on OpusFSI, for the P3D3 compatibility....

A full new purchase of FSI - as good as it may be - doesn't quite feel right to me, as a OpusFSX licence owner.

I've got to say, I find this pretty disappointing......... I don't understand how the validity of the upgrade path from the OpusFSX to OpusFSI feature sets, should be "time limited" in any way.... "We offered it for nearly 18 months".

If I purchased FSI at full price it means that the investment I put in for OpusFSX is cut short, and for the time I've owned it, becomes a loss.

Oh well.     I would love to retain my loyalty to Opus but as you're forcing a 'new entry path' for existing OpusFSX owners, and because OpusFSI and ASN are now the same price, some unwanted shopping around will be required.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

The upgrade was available for over 15 months (long enough for all OpusFSX users to take advantage), it has been removed as an option in order to simplify product licensing as announced some time ago. However, the current OpusFSI purchase price has now been reduced to only slightly above what the upgrade licence would have cost just before its removal.

The upgrade option was always intended and announced as a time limited option. 15 months was quite a long period, longer than originally intended.