Sign in to follow this  
GamerNurd

Uninstall Operations Center?

Why would you need to do that? It's integral to the whole PMDG system.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I wan't to remove everything related to prepar3d and the application itself, then re-install everything

I wan't to remove everything related to prepar3d and the application itself, then re-install everything

For what it's worth, the value of removing everything and reinstalling is very, very overblown in this community. If you're troubleshooting a tough issue, then sure, blow the whole program away if you haven't been able to find a way to get around its stubbornness, but the idea that it's performance enhancing is more snake oil than truth.

In this case, blowing the Ops Center away would be like uninstalling Photoshop because you use it to repaint aircraft in P3D. It's unnecessary, and much like uninstalling and reinstalling things goes, it can cause more issues than you're attempting to solve.

Kyle Rodgers

So to remove it I just simply remove it?

Yes, but again, there's no point in doing so. It's a standalone application and not related to P3D in any way other than the fact that it has the capability to modify files in the P3D directory.

...just like Notepad, Paint, Photoshop, gMax, and the rest.

Kyle Rodgers

It's a standalone application and not related to P3D in any way other than the fact that it has the capability to modify files in the P3D directory.
Kyle

I am curious as how would you remove the Operations Center. I don't see it in Control Panel>Programs and Features. I don't see it on Drive F which I use for FSX. The only place I see it is on C Drive Program Files (x86). Would the PMDG Operations Center folder in Program Files (x86) just be deleted?

The only place I see it is on C Drive Program Files (x86).

This is the default location, yes.

Would the PMDG Operations Center folder in Program Files (x86) just be deleted?

In theory? Yes.

Kyle Rodgers

Yet another question re the OC. I just finished installing the 747 for Prepar3D v4. I wanted to have the OC on my E: driver which is my "dedicated P3D drive" but I cannot seem to recall an option to change the install path of the OC - and it obviously went into the main SSD - my C: drive that also hosts Windows etc...

If I want the OC to dwell on my E: drive, should I just simply delete it from its current location and do a reinstall or can I just move its folder and contents over to the other drive?

It's just for the sake of clarity, I want everything flight sim related on my E: drive.

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

There is no entry in "Uninstall a Program" right? It's just a .exe inside a single folder?

Is it possible to get it to show up in Uninstall a Program? I hate having programs that I can't delete entirely using "Uninstall a Program".

It seems that the operations center resides in two locations on your c drive  "C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\PMDG\PMDG Operations" and "C:\Program Files (x86)\PMDG Operations Center. so how would you go about moving to a drive other than your c drive and it still work correctly? as only your c drive has a windows user directory?        

3 hours ago, ssimm1958 said:

It seems that the operations center resides in two locations on your c drive  "C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\PMDG\PMDG Operations" and "C:\Program Files (x86)\PMDG Operations Center. so how would you go about moving to a drive other than your c drive and it still work correctly? as only your c drive has a windows user directory?        

You can’t. The operations centre has to reside on your windows drive.