Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Just got X-Plane will have questions

Just got it and now for a few questions:

Why when you select "let the AI fly your plane" does it sometimes start in the air even though you have set the plane in a correct parking spot at some airport. It does not always do this and sometimes when I have the plane parked and select AI fly it opens ATC and the plane taxis and then takes off very nicely. 

So is there a method to having the plane start at the gate when selecting AI fly?

Another about ATC, how can I turn down their voice volume? 

Thanks,

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

My guess is that this is simply "part" of the very basic AI system. AI planes start at random positions and fly just somewhere. This applies probably for "AI flying your plane" too.

BUT: You are not going to watch an AI fly your plane if you can do it yourself, are you?

I think ATC volume setting is only available with some planes - those that allow to adjust for COM volume. Some payware planes do that for sure. But maybe there is also a setting within the "operations" submenu. I'm not at my desk right now to check.

BTW: Welcome to the X-Plane community!

Best

Flo

Another about ATC, how can I turn down their voice volume? 

Go to the menu "Settings"->"Sound" and turn down the "Comm radio" slider.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]