Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Oh no....the Autumn leaves are out today!

Flying out of my home airport (KABE) in Allentown, Pa., I noticed all the fall foliage starting again.  Oh well, it was a nice spring and summer.  Here comes the winter and the barren landscapes.

Time moves on.

Stan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Flying out of my home airport (KABE) in Allentown, Pa., I noticed all the fall foliage starting again.  Oh well, it was a nice spring and summer.  Here comes the winter and the barren landscapes.

Time moves on.

Stan

Exactly my thoughts when I saw that today! I can't stand that change on 1st of September. 1st of October is more appropriate. 

Yes summer is over,  a little cold in the air tonight alright.   Roll on the young nights and the big roaring red fires awwwww bliss  :smile:

I never used to understand the early switch 'til I read that September 1 is the start of meteorological (as opposed to astronomical) autumn. I guess that's what the MSFS system uses.

Still seems way too early here in the mid-Atlantic - October 1 would be closer to reality.

Of course, if you fly X-Plane you have no such problems...  B)

Because heaven is a place where nothing ever happens...  

Come to Texas. The leaves change color here too. They go from green to brown. Usually about late November.

I have noticed that today too. But I must say it did not worry me much.

This is because of the fantastic synchronisation with the fact that all weather reports say this untypically long summer heat is finaly leaving my area tonight.

So I may call it off later but now let me shout 'Welcome Autumn!' :P

I get OVER it every year.  This year will be no different.  It's just a shock on September 1.  October 1 would be more accurate in my location.

Stan

ps.  Flying South as JSkorna suggests.

Stan

So Stan, any change of colors yet in your home town in the real world?  Here in SoCal it will be just a little less warmer for Fall... ha!

Ya'll come on down to Sunny Florida !!  Only two seasons--Hot and Drop Dead Hot. B)

Don't forget to go through your addon airports and change their season setting to fall, especially Aerosoft airports have this option

Ah the first day of spring has arrived, thank goodness. Have a good winter all you northern hemisphere inhabitants. On man's fish etc. :smile:

Yellowjack,

Australia huh...... Can't believe Christmas is in Summer! Does FSX reflect the right seasons for you down there?

Stan

Yellowjack,

Australia huh...... Can't believe Christmas is in Summer! Does FSX reflect the right seasons for you down there?

Stan

Yes fs models the planet correctly even the moon phases. It is quite nice they did so much accurately.

Fall? Sheesh it will be winter here in Duluth soon! I'm sure the snow will fly next week

Stan,

From memory I think yes, but I normally fly around North America. Its nice to land somewhere in the Northern States, in our summer, and everything is absolutely covered in snow in Flightsim when it is over 110F outside my house, makes one feel cool.

I like the way FSX adjusts, obviously, to the geographic location. 

Think I'll do some flying in Australia soon.

Stan

Fall? Sheesh it will be winter here in Duluth soon! I'm sure the snow will fly next week

Duluth is approx. at the same LAT as Paris/France or Vienna/Austria. Why is it that some North American cities seem to have a weather being shifted by about 12 DEG north compared to Europe?

(Paris or Vienna "become" Bergen or Stavanger?)

Is there a known reason for that? :blink: 

Because the .bgl file that controls this output does not do so in a straight latitude line. It has dips and curves built in.

Fly further south and it will still be Summer.

Nope, Fall in Orlando yesterday when I flew out. Why Orlando had fall colors period...now that's a question itself.

Some of the leaves here in Northern Ontario, Canada have actually started to change last week.

Bill

Not in Xplane, it's still balmy summer and will be all year, even when it's snowing and your engines are iced up.