Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Oh no....the Autumn leaves are out today!

Yellowjack,

Australia huh...... Can't believe Christmas is in Summer! Does FSX reflect the right seasons for you down there?

Stan

Yes fs models the planet correctly even the moon phases. It is quite nice they did so much accurately.

Fall? Sheesh it will be winter here in Duluth soon! I'm sure the snow will fly next week

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Stan,

From memory I think yes, but I normally fly around North America. Its nice to land somewhere in the Northern States, in our summer, and everything is absolutely covered in snow in Flightsim when it is over 110F outside my house, makes one feel cool.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

I like the way FSX adjusts, obviously, to the geographic location. 

Think I'll do some flying in Australia soon.

Stan

Fall? Sheesh it will be winter here in Duluth soon! I'm sure the snow will fly next week

Duluth is approx. at the same LAT as Paris/France or Vienna/Austria. Why is it that some North American cities seem to have a weather being shifted by about 12 DEG north compared to Europe?

(Paris or Vienna "become" Bergen or Stavanger?)

Is there a known reason for that? :blink: 

Because the .bgl file that controls this output does not do so in a straight latitude line. It has dips and curves built in.

Fly further south and it will still be Summer.

Nope, Fall in Orlando yesterday when I flew out. Why Orlando had fall colors period...now that's a question itself.

Some of the leaves here in Northern Ontario, Canada have actually started to change last week.

Bill

Not in Xplane, it's still balmy summer and will be all year, even when it's snowing and your engines are iced up.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Yep, that's pretty realistic!

My first thought. Quite a bad choice for an argument.  :smile:

Anyway, I'm still stuck in august, just injecting real time weather from September. When I see first yellow leaves outside, I will probably change to the current date.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

And who says flight-simmers have no sense of irony.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Nope, Fall in Orlando yesterday when I flew out. Why Orlando had fall colors period...now that's a question itself.

So very true.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

Bought the Daytona Beach Scenery yesterday.  It's really quite good with the Daytona race track right next door to the airport.  Even has several cars racing around the track all the time.  ANYWAY, the leaves have started to turn in Daytona, Florida.  I'm not sure that's correct.

Stan