Sign in to follow this  
Koldanar

PFPX Integration

Hi all,

Apologies if I have missed the thread but I am looking for information regarding importing flight plans from PFPX into PMDG 737 and 777 (FSX). I have successfully imported some of the flight plan (waypoints etc) but it doesn't seem to update payload / fuel etc. Am I missing something or do I have to manually programme this into the FMC?

I'm a relative newcomer to both PMDG and PFPX so any help would be appreciated,

Thanks, Mike

As I understand it, PMDG uses a highly customized and complex fuel and payload system in order to realistic simulate the airplane. So, you cannot use PFPX to set the payload and fuel. Once you have the payload and fuel numbers from PFPX, apply them to the airplane via the CDU as PMDG has designed. A full read if the introduction manual for the airplanes might also help on this topic.

Dave

Dave Paige

It's much simpler to just use the weights direct from PFPX flight plan and program them in, the PMDG will distribute the weight to the various categories by itself. If you try to use numbers of passengers etc they will not match perfectly( if you really want you can dig into the guts of PFPX and change passenger weight  to match the numbers PMDG uses or vice versa.

I believe there are PFPX profiles specifically for the PMDG NGX in the AVSIM library already. If those are used I think the weight numbers will match. But, because the NGX will distribute the weight itself once entered in the CDU the CG will probably never be exactly the same, but it will be very close.

Dave

Dave Paige