Sign in to follow this  
FlyBaby

Real Terra Haze Question

I recently downloaded RTH...

The initial settings made my plane lights really big, so I turned down the light intensity to get the plane lights to look normal. However, the street lights became too small to see.

I then noticed other light setting that I have not yet been able to set correctly to get a balanced lighting effect.

Question 1

Can someone share their light settings such that I can have a good starting point?

Question 2

When I adjusted the light distance scale at night, the street lights did not seem to become any more visible farther out from the plane. Is there a hardcoded limit as to how far off one can view street lights?

I recently downloaded RTH...

The initial settings made my plane lights really big, so I turned down the light intensity to get the plane lights to look normal. However, the street lights became too small to see.

I then noticed other light setting that I have not yet been able to set correctly to get a balanced lighting effect.

Question 1

Can someone share their light settings such that I can have a good starting point?

Question 2

When I adjusted the light distance scale at night, the street lights did not seem to become any more visible farther out from the plane. Is there a hardcoded limit as to how far off one can view street lights?

there is a value there that you can edit in your ini, in order to increase that value. its called LOD or something, i need to check how to edit ti. But beware as it can be an absolute framerate killer as increasing the value increases the shown lights exponentially because the area increases in all directions.

That beeing said, do you use W2XPL ?

Question 1

The best thing you can do, is to try different settings. It takes a while but it is worth it.

This is my preferred setting, but i change it often "on the fly":

Just copy it to one of the "RTH_prefs_x.txt" in the scripts folder.

-4.9960036108132e-016

X-Plane%20banner1.jpg

Thanks for your reply.

I don't yet use W2XPL.

i would try one tile of w2xpl and see if the lights are better for you. also have you tried the extended dsf of the 10.40 beta ?

@alpha12125 - Thanks, I will give W2XPL a try.

@cptCaptain - Thanks, I will use these settings.