Sign in to follow this  
stevecurran13

Prepar3D 2.5 Windows 10 bugcheck (BSOD) DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL with new nVidia driver 355.82

Anyone have this issue and with these drivers? My first BSOD with Windows 10... :(

Been having so many issues with Prepar3D crashing lately with no events recorded in the Event Viewer or AppCrashView, and now this. I'm certain this is due to the updated graphics driver (updated it yesterday), but still...very frustrating when you can't complete a single flight.

Steve

You should do a driver clean up and reinstall, there is a small program that does this I think DCU ... when you install make shure you use advanced and  tick perform a clean install. You can check in Nvidia control Panel Help system Information components to see that all the versions are the same ...I am running W10 with 355.82 P3D 2.5 + with no problems.

And if you have been having problems before , a run in the Elevated Command prompt (ADMIN RIGHTS) of sfc /scannow  will check the integrity of your Win system, and after a repair of P3D will also check P3D ( go to ctrl panel>programs >prepare3d > right click >select repair

Jorge

You should do a driver clean up and reinstall, there is a small program that does this I think DCU ...

Close, DUU and its found on the GURU3D site. It's very handy and free. Follow all instructions and download the drivers directly from the Nvidia site, not thru Geforce experience. It's a good place to start troubleshooting as it will provide you a clean wipe driver install.

Anyone have this issue and with these drivers? My first BSOD with Windows 10... :sad:

Been having so many issues with Prepar3D crashing lately with no events recorded in the Event Viewer or AppCrashView, and now this. I'm certain this is due to the updated graphics driver (updated it yesterday), but still...very frustrating when you can't complete a single flight.

Steve

It's a bad driver, I had 3 BSOD with a clean install within 1/2 hour. I never get crashes like that. Promptly reverted to previous version.

May want to check your GPU temps, for some reason on this driver my 980ti Idles at 60c and only goes to 50%fan at 80, a bit to hot for comfort if you ask me. I had a BSOD due to my GPU getting too hot and forcing a shutdown.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Not going back to that driver, it's not worth it. I lost a GTX 480 once because of that exact same problem you mentioned. Mostly I use EVGA precision to control my fan curve.

You need to download the BlueScreenofDeathViewer (see page 2 of AVSIM CTD Guide for link).  The BugCheck code is required and any file shown in pink is the file that is most likely the cause of the BSOD.  It may not even be the GPU drivers.  It could be a hardware problem where the GPU is not properly seated or connected.  So many things.  It could even be too high or too low CPU voltages.  BSOD's are extremely serious faults and they crash your system for a reason.... to save your system from serious damage.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

The real fun starts when Windows 10 starts downloading and replacing drivers anytime it wants....

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Not that again...there's a little switch called "off"

The 350 range of drivers have been shocking!

I have been getting solid Timeout Detection errors since moving from 348...which doesn't exist on Windows 10 unfortunately.

Ian R Tyldesley

i'm also getting this bsod

See fixes for the problem above your post.  If none of the suggestions fixes your problem, then you will have to reinstall Windows and then your flight simulator.  BSOD's indicate a serious problem with your hardware.  Not with FSX or P3D.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

there is thing now 

i search this problem on google and found an article

about this driver related problem as you can see

and they told me to analyze the drivers name 

so found its a athw8x.sys driver who's creating the problem 

so can you help to fix this particular driver

plz help i having some school project to make and tomorrow is the last date 

thanks for your reply

so found its a athw8x.sys driver who's creating the problem
so can you help to fix this particular driver

You need to update your Atheros WiFi Driver:

http://sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=athw8x.sys

As suggested in the AVSIM CTD Guide, page 15, anyone who has upgraded their computer to Windows 10 or reinstalled their OS, should update their hardware drivers.  I do it regularly by using a freeware program called Driver Booster - http://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM