Sign in to follow this  
ANAMIV

Saved Flights

A "Basic's" question.

Can I; and if "yes"; interrupt a flight in RC and resume it later from my paused position?

FSC is my flight planner.

regards

ANAMIV

A "Basic's" question.

Can I; and if "yes"; interrupt a flight in RC and resume it later from my paused position?

FSC is my flight planner.

regards

ANAMIV

I do regularly on long flights. In fact there is an option in RC4 to pause the flight for you xx miles from destination

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

P3D required a work around, otherwise you can for FSX and FS9. Check the manual and your key assignments. It can be done with a hot key assignment that is not conflicting. You can then load that flight in RC after FS is started with that aircraft and it will be moved. The current state will be your aircraft position, weather, and plan. I only do short flights so I do not regularly use ity.

In your plan folder you'll se the .pln, .flt, and .wxr files plan .rc4 file.

One of the tutorials uses that procedure.

For advanced aircraft that do not use standard FS interfacing that may not work. Try it first with a default aircraft.

Despite closely following the tutorial  to save a flight (rcd - file) in RC4, creating a file path as suggested I am having no success! A print out of pages 120 and 121 from the

shows a sample window with rcd files saved. The window is titled "Radar Contact

Saved files". This window will not show on my system. (WIN7 Home Prem')

The default RC key combo' (*ctrl-shift-;) does nothing and the other two simply

brings up the std FSX "Saved Flight" window. Entering my chosen flight path file

details  produces an rcd file  but with "flt" appended.

I have traced several old posts querying this "saved flight" facility in RC4 so !I am not the only one!) Sadly I have had no success trying to follow these.

FSX/FSC95/RC4 is an excellent combination for my GA flying and I am desperate

to conquer this, for me; the last hurdle.

My regards to any and all

ANAMIV

.rcd files are located in the documents folder where your .flt and .wx files are located usually with your .pln files. That's where they should be stored.

Note that there are restrictions on your location where .rcd files can becreated as I recall.

Check the actual settings in RC's key assignments tab and be sure they do not conflict with other assignments.

Saving RC4 guided flights with PMDG planes using FS2Crew:

It is possible to save/resume a RC4 guided flight with PMDG 747X/FS2Crew but for the combination RC4/PMDG777/FS2Crew and
RC4/PMDG737NGX/FS2Crew REBOOT it is bit complicated. The FS2Crew manual explicitly warns against loading saved flights with both a/c: you will get a SDK error when you try. However, thanks to a tip from the developer of FS2Crew (byork), there is a way it can be done:

Start FSX, RC4, FS2Crew and bring the 777/737 to whatever state you like (preferably cruise level). When you decide to interrupt the flight,
1. unlock and close the FS2Crew main window.
2. Save the flight with your RC4 key combination "Save RC/SF State" creating RCD/FLT/FSSAVE/WX files.
3. End FSX.

Resuming this flight:

1. Start your standard flight in FSX (mine is the Trike at my home airport).
2. Start RC4, load the previously saved .RCD
3. When the 777/737 comes up it will have a corrupt panel state (black displays) and it will very rapidly loose altitude.
4. Don't wait for it to finish initialisation but immediately go to the FSX menubar (flight - load) and load the same flight you loaded before in RC4. Now you will get the correct panel states but when you open FS2Crew main Panel you will get an SDK error.
5. Load the flight a second time from the FSX menubar (that was the tip from byork). Do it fast or you will have the RC4 controller on your back with "your assigned altitude is ...".
6. When everything has settled down, open the FS2Crew main window. It should load and show "Preflight checklist". Advance it to the phase of your flight you are in.

So, in all you will have to load the flight three times: once with RC4 and twice with FSX.

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

In my Documents folder together with my flight plans for FSX I have saved a file:

a egkr-egfa 1 29m of fl60 dw me rcd

this represents dep and destination; "1" is the first pause followed by"29m" -DME to next w/pt  flight level 6000ft "dw" "me" the pilot  rcd.

Is this a valid format for an rcd saved  file?

The last time RC4 saved a flight situation for me it produced these 4 files:

279-55977-LIRFOLBA01-7$1.rcd

279-55977-LIRFOLBA01-7$1.FLT

279-55977-LIRFOLBA01-7$1.FSSAVE

279-55977-LIRFOLBA01-7$1.WX

All of these 4 files saved in yourname\documents\flight simulator x files\ are necessary to resume a flight successfully.

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

Well.... I have tried and tried and tried again.... but my computer just will not produce

the "rcd"-file. I am painfully aware that the forums and tutorials are something less

than consistent in the procedures available; eg: 3-files produced  or 4-files produced.

All my attempts faithfully produce 3-files as illustrated in all my searches.... but no

rcd file. I am sure I am obeying all the rules  (inc RAS) and RC4 operates perfectly

otherwise. Clicking the "Previously Saved Flight " box  produces a blank. 3- files are

saved in my docs/fsx folder : FLT/WX and D:\MS GAMES\FSX. Unlike the manual there is no "Radar Contact Saved Files" window.

HELP!

Check the manual about restrictions on aircraft location for saving file states. Have you gone through the tutorial flights?

Are you getting the window to name the saved flight?

I'm in the process of moving to a new pc and have not moved FS yet so right now I can not check. It is a function of fsuipcas I recall so check its installed user guide.

I'll fire up the old pc late today or tomorrow.

I tried saving a flight. Correcting myself I was doing it anywhere. I just loaded a parked flight (in FS9), started RC loading a regular plan file into it that had the plan origin where I was parked (electronics on), I have in rc ctrl-shft-; as my key combo and used that. A window popped up (the fsuipc usual transparent window) but showing it was saving the flight as a long name titled with the plan name and then it disappeared. I alt tabbed to RC and QUIT it. I then restarted RC. I clicked on the rcd saved flight button. The window that displayed I placed here for your viewing:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/36wwiyemm88dyef/rc4%20load%20saved%20flights%20window.jpg?dl=0

The .rcd files was placed in the documents folder along with the .pln files, etc. It is also my flt-.wx path as set in RC.

So in FS9 it is working.

This is on my Win XP PC. I have not installed FS9 or FSX-Steam on my new faster Win 7 PC. Yet.

I could not capture the pop-up Win where it was saving the flight as it happened too fast.

Check your key assignments in RC and be sure they are what you are using (forget the manual setting as listed) and be sure it is not conflicting with any of your running add-ons. For your test use a simple default aircraft without any crew ad-ons or FMC that might be stealing keystrokes.

ANAMIV,

as ronzie said there is no "Radar Contact Saved Files" window. His screen capture shows the location for FS9. For FSX it is "flight simulator x files".

All FSX/RC4 relevant files are saved in "...\users\yourname\documents\flight simulator x files" the same place where your flight plan is.

This is the location you have to set in RC4. Provided you have a unique key assignement to save a flight in RC4 you will have all neccessary files in that place.

When you resume that flight just start (fly now) your standard flight in FSX (mine is the Trike at my home airport) and wait till FSUIPC has initialised. You don't have to load the plane you have flown before and you don't have to load a flight plan. Just start RC4, load the previously saved .RCD.

That's all, if you don't have any sophisticated planes like PMDG and addons like FS2Crew.

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

You guys are really pulling out the stops to help me and I really do appreciate it.

My FSX flight plan files are in: "My Documents C:\users\David\Flight Simulator X Files.

I have 3-files : VOROCH.FLT

"         FSSAVE

"         WX

These represent  a saved flight at a VOR - OCH 22.40 hrs.

In RC4 the default key" CTR/SHFT/; does not work for me.

I am a dedicated GA flyer. Not relevant, but for the record:WIN 7 Pro. 64bit. in use.

This image in FS9 was snapped after using ctrl-shft-; and you can see (poorly) the saving flight message in the fsuipc window rc uses:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/14ziz17ao7asgh0/rcv4-save%20flight%20ctrl-shft-semicolon.jpg?dl=0

I know this works. I did not have success with the other methods this time to get an rcd but you can always rename the rcd.The sequence numbers or if you use the win file properties or win explorer display in detail mode and order by time stamp should help in renaming to determine your flight phase for recalling practice settings.