Sign in to follow this  
ANAMIV

Saved Flights

addendum:

I had assigned rc with run as admin privileges and I am a member of the admin group. In setting the flight-weather path I did  not have access to my documents in browsing (never cancel it as it will corrupt the rc data files) but I got in by browsing first to network, my workstation name, then the chain to my documents and the correct fs folder and then all three file types saved. This is on Win7Pro-64.

Be sure RC4 properties/security is assigned with full control privileges.

Apparently the Pro (OEM) version works differently than the Home Premium version preinstalled on my laptop.

I don't claim to be an expert in security so ???

I'm not an expert in security either. But I just checked that my documents folder is shared.

Maybe that is the problem?

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

I'm not an expert in security either. But I just checked that my documents folder is shared.

Maybe that is the problem?

Should not be.

If you have RC set to run as admin, it should be. I also have fs??.exe set the same.

I don't have steam FSX set up yet and don't know if I can. It wants DirectX 9 and I have 11. The forum states it can but some have problems. Still, I can't duplicate your system because of your add-ons. Have you tried running no add-ons but RC and using a default aircraft? I'm thinking key conflicts.

Have you tried the autonaming ctrl-shft-; like I showed in the last screenshot? Did that message appear?

If you have an antivirus setup exclude RC and in your firewall exclude it there as well.

I've sent a message to jd to look at this thread.

I may have found the source of my problem!?

In the main RC 4 Window, button  FLT/WX Path

text beneath it  is not complete! ie" FLT/.WX Path =

However, clicking on the button brings up the

RCD output folder window and scrolling  to my

C:\ users\David\...... "FlightSimulator X Files is

missing.What could cause this error if the path

is complete on my system???

more regards

The two path settings are discreet as between your FSX path and your location of your FS data files. In Win7Pro for FLT\WX path I  browsed to C:\users\Ronzie\My Documents and here is what it showed:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yxzqkghde3y3snz/RC4-Select%20FLT-WX%20Path%20screen.jpg?dl=0

Now, once you click the FLT--WX path button you must go through the whole procedure clicking OK. Hitting Cancel will cause corruption of rcv3.dat and keyboard.dat requiring a reinstall if you have no backup.

When you select your plan you first browse to that same documents folder and it is stored in one of those .dat files. The next time when you load a plan it is already selected but you can browse back up but would not necessarily be appropriate.

One more tip for convenience:

For rebuilding the scenery you have to give your local or network full path to FS. I keep a text file with my paths to FS with a shortcut on the desktop so I can copy-paste those lengthy paths in. When RC or other application requests it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ejhz9byzi7ggd8/Shortcut%20on%20desktop%20for%20FS9%20app%20folder%20and%20FS%20Paths.jpg?dl=0

and the contents are:

h:\program files\microsoft games\flight simulator 9

H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX

----------------------

This saves typo errors requiring reentry.

Anyway, thanks to your reply, for setting the FLT\WX path I browsed through to users to get the the My Documents folder instead of trying to get through C:\Documents and Settings which was locked. That's why I had to browse through the network name of my machine.

To be clear, even if your FLT\WXR path has been set, when you press the button it will not come up with the current folder but you must browse to it again and OK. If you cancel RC crashes (at least on mine) because the entry in the two configuration .dat files gets dropped. RC throws an error 62 and it will not start.

Ref my previous msg -  FLT/WX path. In the first place  I had not entered a path at all and when I did it had a "typo". I have now entered C:\Users\David\Flight Simulator x Files. As a result I now have a saved flight - four files: all present and correct with "rcd" as the

final one in my Flight Simulator X Files folder.

This was accomplished  at very late hour (for me) so I will adjourn until the next session

Extensive browsing the RC4 Forums reveals a persistent and long history of people experiencing

this particular problem so I will take a comfort from my own "marathon"

Once more.....thank you and regards for all who took the trouble!

ANAMIV