Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

Best of the more recent drivers for a GTX 980

Hi,

I have not been paying attention to things lately, but I have a few days off and I'd like to get some FSX flying/tuning time in.

I have a MSI GTX 980 4G and I am thinking about upgrading drivers (or downgrading if that is the better option). I was never really thrilled with my current ones (347.09) -  no major issues but I felt like I could do better.

Anyway, I am using FSX Acceleration with DX9, typical settings from Nick and no SLI.

Are there better drivers for my system?

Thanks!

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I have zero problems with the latest 355.82 drivers for Win10/P3D2, but your mileage may vary.  You can always rollback if they don't work out for you.  I always recommend doing a clean wipe/install with the latest version of DUU on the Guru3D site, never steered me wrong.

I've updated the driver on my 750 ti to the latest 355.82 for Windows 10 and now FSX with the acceleration pack installed refuses to start and just crashes.

I am so glad someone posed this question.  I too have the 980 (MXM form factor) and I have the latest drivers installed.  I have noticed the "locked out" settings in the control panel, or rather, trying to set multiple entries is a ping pong match ending in frustration.  i want to rollback to an older driver so does anyone know of what driver we can download that is stable for the 980 that allows for either changing all settings in the control panel and/or nVidia Inspector?  My P3D really needs the graphics fixes.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Thanks for the replies. BTW, I am using Windows 7

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad