Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

Atlantic Canada 1 – The Maritimes

Atlantic Canada 1 – The Maritimes

The tour takes participating pilots through the Maritimes region of Atlantic Canada flying over New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island.  The tour starts in Moncton (CYQM) and continues with landings at Saint John (CYSJ), Yarmouth (CYQI), Halifax (CYHZ), Charlottetown (CYYG), and finishes at Sydney (CYQY) on the northeastern coast of Cape Breton Island. 

To cover the 505nm route in a reasonable time frame you should plan on flying a plane capable of 250-300 knts.  I shall be flying the Flight1 Super King Air 200 in Canada Fisheries and Oceans and livery.

Fisheries%2BKingAir.jpg

Recommended scenery:

- Orbx Global

- Orbx NA Arctic, Alaska and Canada Landclass

- Orbx Vector or UTX for roads, rivers and coastlines

Flight Plan & Narrative

Date and time: Saturday 5 September, 1800 UTC

Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel

Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com

Multiplayer: FSX Multiplayer (IP will be provided on Teamspeak)

Don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer speadsheet! (linked here)

Note to Ron Attwood: Set Time to 17:15 GMT

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Has anyone told Eamonn there'll be about a half dozen of us dropping by his house for lunch on Saturday? :Tounge:

Jeff emailed me last night to tell me.  I'll try to be on this weekend for this.

I haven't actually fired up my flightsim since installing windows 10 so this will be interesting. ;)

spacer.png

Been putting a lot of time in Milton Shupe's Harpoon so will be flying that. It will get to 250 true, barely. Not sure which paint but it will be in the package so there will be no worries. Over at the Outhouse

CYA tomorrow.

EDIT - SkyVector for your convenience.

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

...Note to Ron Attwood: Set Time to 17:15 GMT

You can call me Ron. :smile:  17:15, copy.

I'm down for a Turbine Duke but I did buy the F1 King Air. Very nice but whatever and however I mess with it I can't get the ITT gauges out of the red? What's that aboot? (Canadian speak :smile: )

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

You can call me Ron. :smile:  17:15, copy.

I'm down for a Turbine Duke but I did buy the F1 King Air. Very nice but whatever and however I mess with it I can't get the ITT gauges out of the red? What's that aboot? (Canadian speak :smile: )

It is a bit tricky.

You cannot firewall the power on the KingAir or the ITT and/or torque will very quickly go into the red. The power levers require very careful manipulation. There is a lag (5 - 8 seconds) between power lever movement and the rise in ITT. Bring the power up slowly and watch for the rise in fuel flow and ITT. For fine tuning I use F3 key to just slightly increase power lever position and F2 to slightly decrease power. 

I do a careful power runup when I am lined up for takeoff and only release breaks when ITT and torque are stabilized (but not in the red).  I adust power as I climb to altitude.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Mmm. Frustration levels are rising. While I'm going through all the faffing the avionics take their leave. :mad:

I'll hang on to it for a week and see how I get on. I have done a couple of flights despite red ITT dials and I quite like it. "Sink rate!" "Pull up!" "500" all good stuff.  :wink: 

We'll see. :smile:

You cannot firewall the power on the KingAir or the ITT and/or torque will very quickly go into the red. The power levers require very careful manipulation. There is a lag (5 - 8 seconds) between power lever movement and the rise in ITT. Bring the power up slowly and watch for the rise in fuel flow and ITT. For fine tuning I use F3 key to just slightly increase power lever position and F2 to slightly decrease power. 

I do a careful power runup when I am lined up for takeoff and only release breaks when ITT and torque are stabilized (but not in the red).  I adust power as I climb to altitude.

Exactly what Jeff said!

The lag takes some getting used to, but once you've mastered the power settings the aircraft behaves itself beautifully and it becomes quite easy to reproduce good landings.

Exactly what Jeff said!

The lag takes some getting used to, but once you've mastered the power settings the aircraft behaves itself beautifully and it becomes quite easy to reproduce good landings.

I have no quarrel with lag or power or landing, it's all good. It's just the ITT gauges are always in the red! And the high faff factor. :smile: Like I said I'll keep it for a week....

Here's some shots from yesterdays flight. It was run a little late in the eve but oh boy! The scenery & sunset was outstanding!

Jeff & Nick in aliased Dukes while Ron is rolling out ( behind transmitter shack ) in an Avanti. All 3 were actually in F1 Beech B200s. Josh was in a Lancair Legacy, didn't get any shots though.:-( Finally, me in a P2V Harpoon, the Wright R2600s getting loaded up, spitting out unburned fuel during a long taxi.

FS%20Screen%2009%2005%202015___141630z.j

Another shot of all 4 of us.. Sorry Josh, never got a shot / nor seen you during the whole flight.

FS%20Screen%2009%2005%202015___142012z.j

Ooops! Forgot to unlink the guns, under testing, from the lights circuit.

FS%20Screen%2009%2005%202015___143023z.j

Jeff coming in through the fall foliage.

FS%20Screen%2009%2005%202015___145916z.j

SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTH!

FS%20Screen%2009%2005%202015___145947z.j

A purdy shot of Ron lining up on final..... Until.....

FS%20Screen%2009%2005%202015___150151z.j

Over the radio. %^&@($ and !*@&$^ Ron's sim went black and locked up.

FS%20Screen%2009%2005%202015___150208z.j

And... So did mine. Right at the same time. That Avanti is now permanately out of the hangar.

FS%20Screen%2009%2005%202015___150431z.j

Short base turning final with a slipping turn to bleed off speed.

FS%20Screen%2009%2005%202015___151642z.j

The 2 Wright R2600s belching out blue flames = POWER!

FS%20Screen%2009%2005%202015___152656z.j

A stunning shot of Ron coming into Charlottetown (CYYG). You cant tell, but he's smiling ear to ear after switching over to the turbine Duke.

FS%20Screen%2009%2005%202015___154336z.j

Ron touching down nicely while Jeff & I are waiting for the start of the "Meeting of the Minds".

FS%20Screen%2009%2005%202015___154351z.j

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Top work as per usual. B200 King Air and I didn't get along too well so the crash came as a relief. I was able to complete the trip in a Turbine Duke. :Big Grin:

canada1.jpg

canada2.jpg

These screens don't really convey how nice night-time looked.

P.S. King Air returned to dealership.