Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

I must be doing something wrong

Thanks, yes I saw that but not sure about it because I have seen threads on here about using it with NI. What is the reason I should not use NI?

Also I know about the Nvidia control panel,,,been doing this for almost twenty years :)

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Paul,

you can send me two of your GTX 980 cards. I wont mind at all, you don't have to thank me !  I guess X-Plane 10 will work better that way ( in my system... Shhhhhh!!!!! )

Ok?

Is it a deal ?

Now, again, as soon as I arrive home, in a few hours, I'll post my NI settings for you to try.

;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Ha, I could send you two but first send me the cash :)

Open to try anything at this point so keep ideas coming guys.

Thanks,

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Your NI settings for antialiasing are those you use for FSX. For X-Plane or any other modern graphics engine this is an overkill even with a GTX 980. I would try, for a start, to use only the X-Plane internal antialiasing options...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Thanks, I will try that.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Might not apply in this case, but I know sometimes I have big fps difference if I run X-Plane in full screen or in window mode not sure why sometimes it have no effect and other time fps drops a lot in window mode.

Here are my settings:

NI-HDR-jc-1.jpg

NI-HDR-jc-2.jpg

XP10-HDR-jc.jpg

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Thanks but I would be at 2 fps with HDR on. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Your worl detail distance is too high but you can increase the texture resolution to very high. And forget the inspector in the beginning. This is not the FSX.X-Plane (and the OpenGL drivers) knows how modern graphic cards work.

Thanks but I would be at 2 fps with HDR on. 

There's definitely something wrong then.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

I really wanted to like XPlane. I had the demo and it worked great but now that I have the full version it runs much slower and stops every 2 or 3 minutes. Sometimes when it stops it loses about 5 or more frame rates when it gets going again. 

I have all settings at medium and have all Skymax settings on low or off and in cloudy or overcast weather I get about 15 to 22 fps with the payware Challenger 300 jet. 

I am running a GTX 980 full bore and overclocked i 7 5930 k and should be getting much better performance from this sim. I get twice the performance in FSX SE that I do in XPlane. 

Does this take a certain version OpenGL Nvidia driver or is there maybe some setting or something I am missing?

If this is normal than I have already invested way too much in this sim.

You can install a second copy of XPX, then add your ADD-ONS and sceneries

one at a time and then test. That way you can see where the bottle neck is ! I like use the demo to troubleshoot.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

OK back to basics...

Please delete your X-Plane NI profile, you don't want anything set in there for now.

Also, you said your settings were *close* to minimum, but did you use the preset as I suggested?

If nothing else works delete the preferences as Ryan suggested.

You say "no that's fine" but are not confirming that you have done exactly as we are suggesting.

Believe me there are good reasons to follow this advice - we have been using X-Plane long enough to understand its foibles and sometimes setting stuff back to zero can fix awkward issues like yours.

Here's what my XP looks like. I don't use RTH but have a custom LUA script for my art controls (I don't like the way it messes with the lights and the fog - defaults are better).

dzy1qr.jpg

Delete the Preferences folder in Xplane and rerun Xplane and check. It will revert to the default settings and also will need to reconfigure your controls.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus