Sign in to follow this  
richjb2

strange flight dynamics behavior after upgrading to SP3

After upgrading to ASN SP3, I have noticed several flight dynamics issues. The most apparent one is resistance to banking the aircraft. For example, tonight doing pattern work in benign conditions, I tried but was unable to roll the aircraft into a normal 30 bank turn even with full control wheel/joystick input. I have also noticed that occasionally the nose will yaw opposite to banked turn direction, in effect causing an outside slip. No rudder is being applied.

I noticed this first over the weekend flying the NGX during a morning of practice approaches in low IMC conditions at KICT and KHUT. I have also noticed the same behavior flying the Captin Sim B707 (latest ver.) and the Coolsky DC-9. It does not appear isolated to a particular model.

Tonight, after experiencing the issue, I closed ASN and the issue went away. I do not recall experiencing this behavior with SP2 and earlier versions.

Anyone else experiencing this issue or behavior.

Thanks!

Rich Boll

Wichita KS

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

Hi,

Try that : disable (uncheck) the Enhanced Turbulence option in the Settings/Wind options and effects menu.

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

thanks Richard!

I did have that setting set to TRUE.  I have changed it back to FALSE. 

I will fly around this evening in very windy, Wichita KS and give it a test.

Thanks again!

Rich Boll

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

I'm having issues with this too.  I do have the Enhanced Tur. option unchecked but my SR22 becomes completely uncontrolable.  I'll start extreme rolls and pitches almost at 10,000 ft/min.  The rest of the ASN settings are all down around 30%.

Thanks

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home