Version 1.2

Original ProLine21 systems:
                Primary Flight Display (PFD)
                Multi Function Display (MFD)
                Flight Guidance Panel (FGP)
                Display Control Panel (DCP)
                Control Display Unit (CDU)
                Flight Management System (FMS)

They are false advertising! their "Original ProLine21 systems" are not even within 5% of the real ProLine21 systems, & they get away with it............ over & over again! 

Maybe that's why they call it "original" - any resemblance imagined or real to any ProLine product alive or dead is purely coincidental and Carenado can not be held liable in that event. Their big selling point, what they do really well, is the visual quality.

Most of us though seem to have moved on and are learning to live with ourselves again. I have to say, there is something strangely seductive about this machine, and it's been a favourite of mine since I first saw a picture of it in one of my plane books back in the 60's or 70's. This rendition looks amazing, and I get a buzz from just staring at it. Tim's videos over at FsMaNiA bring her alive, and he speaks of his relationship with her a bit too and the learning and personal growth he has experienced as a result of this union.

Systems-wise, you just have to let it go, which is a process, not an event. If you haven't tried Bert Pieke's GTN750 mod, then I highly recommend you try it out, and keep persevering. When you actually start to  be able to knock a few flights off in this bird and then watch the playbacks, it can be very rewarding. Depends what you're looking for I guess.

Christopher Allan

I enjoyed this aircraft after getting Bert's help with the GTN 750 integration.

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: Carenado have committed to get some updates out (specifically for P3D V3.x) ... no idea when.

If your not flying A2A then your not flying

ZORAN

I tried the Carenado about 8 months ago based on the fact that previous aircraft of theirs I had bought worked fairly well, they usually look pretty good. However my experience with the XP850 was totally different. The frame rate on my I7 based machine (which flies the Majestic Dash8 perfectly well) was just plane ridiculous(.3 being the most I ever got) It never left the ground.As for product support,there was none. I have given up on EVER getting it to fly properly and I have given up on Carenado ever getting any more of my money. I am hoping for the release of the Citation X v3.0 from Eaglesoft, It's taking them a long time to release it ,but better that than to release crappy aircraft such as the Carenado XP850 every 2-3 months and then not support them.

• Upvote 1

Has Carenado fixed the autopilot system yet? . I sent an email to them about it they asked, "What's wrong with the autopilot?" I told them what was going on and had no response and that was months ago..

Tony Fontaine