Sign in to follow this  
jason99vmi

FSX Borderless Windowed Mode in Win10 FSX Steam

Not sure if this is a Win10 issue or a FSX Steam issue.  But since upgrading to Win 10 and to FSX Steam from the boxed version, my FSX Borderless app from the avsim library doesn't seem to work.  I put the exe file in the FSX Steam/common/FSX folder. 

Does it need to be in a different folder to execute? 

• Upvote 1

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

the exe.xml will need to point to that new location:

"C:\Users\[you]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX[-SE]\exe.xml"

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I use the exe to launch fsx, I don't think it's enough to just place it in the root folder? It is working fine like that for me in win 10

Louise

London, UK

The "FSX Borderless" tool from the library doesn't work anymore for me on W10. It used to work fine before. Weird.

This one works though:

https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming/releases

I tried this tool which works pretty nicely unfortunately though it doesn't allow me to access the taskbar during the borderless mode.  I like to be able to pull up other things like ASN, charts, etc.  I'll keep hunting for an alternative.

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

I just tried FSX-Borderless.exe with FSX-SE on Win10 - seemed to work. I run up FSX-SE, then while it is in windowed mode I double clicked the exe. The FSX-SE window became borderless and captionless. After that FSX-Borderless closed, and had to be run again when I made the FSX-SE window full screen and back to borderless. A much more powerful version comes included with the payware IF10 >augmented, restores undocked window positions too. Other than that I don't know of any other programs to do it.

That's probably it Bryn. Steam Ed. elevates privileges to Admin, which means other programs interfacing with it might require the same access permissions.

I turned UAC off but will definitely try it again.  And run as admin.

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

The FSX Borderless program is not professional and not Always you get a clear FullScreen.

A program should remain open and should have the possibility to "minimize" and stay alive but not visible.

FullSize is using 2 buttons  ON  OFF  +  a Keyboard Shortcut for toggle. So you are free to select what you want.

The only thing you should do, close the FSX Menu.

From the List select your Application - Read the About -

Until the October 27. 2015 you can download for free the "FullSize" application from the Intrasystem Web-Site.

The Link is:

http://www.intrasystem.it/FSX/FSXFullsize/RFO%20FullSize.rar

be careful there is a space between .../RFO FullSize.rar. copy link and add 1 space + FullSize.rar.

MODERATOR's Note: I fixed the blank space problem. In the future, replace blank spaces with %20... :Nerd:

x avoiding web-scanning you must use the following code:

User:  fsxfullsize

Pwd: fsxdownload54321

That's it.

Raimund

Thanks for the Fullzise program link.

Because there is no readme file with instructions for its installation and use, could you provide instructions on how to use this certainly fine and useful program? 

Thanks!

Edmundo Azevedo

There is no need for a description. Just press the About button and read.

Download is now stopped.

Enjoy

You should use the MouseClicks program that is very useful but not easy at the beginning.

Raimund

The download for FULLSIZE is again open.

I will leave it open the 27. October 2015 (europa time)

Download link is now:

http://www.intrasystem.it/FSX/FSXFullsize/RFOFullSize.rar

User: fsxfullsize

Pwd: fsxdownload54321

There is a simple and logical modification. FullSize can't open itself to 'Full Size'.

To be honest i woul have expected that someone noticed this cosmetic detail.

Unzip where you like. For easy access create a Desktop connection.

Intrasystem

Raimund

Hi EGA,

just one question. Does FullSize work as expected ? Should work with any Windows Platform. FullSize is a professional application for border/less screens using 2 buttons and a Keyboard shortcut.

FullSize.jpg

If someone missed the download option, the download could be available again if interested.

regards

Intrasystem

Raimund

Hello Raimund,

No, unfortunately I cannot have the program working (FSX-SE in Win 7). When I select FSX and click "On" on the FullSize window, everything freezes up. After closing the FullSize program with task manager, FSX is just a black window and I have to force it down also.

Thanks anyway.  

Edmundo Azevedo