Sign in to follow this  
jason99vmi

FSX Borderless Windowed Mode in Win10 FSX Steam

Hi ega,

FullSize has been created with Win 8.1 and should work with Win 7. Also Win 10 no problem. (64-bit)

Did you open the program with "administrator" privilege ? (also FSX ?)

FSX is installed in a different Folder like  C:\FSX\.... or the standard folder C:\programs(x86) ?

Always better to run FSX within a different Folder like C:\FSX\......

Did you select "Microsoft Flight Simulator X" (or your SE Program Title) on the List before you click on the [ON] button  as explained with the [About] ? (or use the Keyboard short-cut)

Before you close FullSize (not system-try) deselect Full-Screen [OFF].

This is the first issue i read about.  FSX-SE not tested. Try again and revert please.

Be sure, this has nothing to do with the "FullSize" program itself.

regards,

Raimund

Hi Raimund,

I run a few more tests today and  everything worked as advertised.... no idea what was wrong but Fulsize program works now 100% with FSX-SE (and also with Prepar3D v3).

Thanks for your assistance and for the program.

Kind regards 

Edmundo Azevedo

I have been using Auto-Hotkeys (AHK) for several years and it works perfectly with any of my programs on Win7. Very easy to install, free,and my download had an example script that worked without a hitch.

Would provide more details but am not near my FSX PC at the moment.

Neal Howard

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

I've been successfully using "Always on Top" and "Windows Borderless Gaming 2.1.0.0", mostly borderless only.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

+1 for Borderless Gaming. Works really well.

- Edit:

Heh, I've already posted a link to it on page #1.

A memory like a gold fish...

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Hey guys.

I can't make FSX-borderless. I tried from Avsim library and no luck. I read here it is no longer working from the library so I found another one online

http://msflights.net/forum/showthread.php?4054-Borderless-FSX-and-P3D-(multiple-monitors)

Still no luck. It shows Script Paused. 

Per suggestion above I dropped exe file into C:\Users\[you]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX[-SE]\exe.xm, nothing..

Looks like the link was offered here is no longer available. Any other idea where/how can I get working FSX-borderless? 

W7 Pro, FSX-SE

Thx for looking. 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

What is this program used for? I understand what it says it does, but what extra features in FSX does it allow us to use, or do that we can't do without it?

Sorry if this is redundant, but I am need here and just trying to learn.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

The download link is not working for FSXFullsize. Can you re-upload it?

I tried FSX:SE with Borderless-gaming 8.4 from github, but no lock (both borderless-gaming and FSX:SE ran by admin).

What is this program used for? I understand what it says it does, but what extra features in FSX does it allow us to use, or do that we can't do without it?

+1

Thanks,

Are you are referring to programs that remove borders? FSX cannot by itself manage full screen flight. One of the menu bars/sides will still be present.

When we refer to "borderless windows" we mean that the entire monitor screen shows only FSX (or any other program you choose).

Using AutoHotKeys the only border showing is the small FSX menu bar at the top of the screen. It can be hidden/shown by pressing the ALT key.

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Are you are referring to programs that remove borders? FSX cannot by itself manage full screen flight. One of the menu bars/sides will still be present.

When we refer to "borderless windows" we mean that the entire monitor screen shows only FSX (or any other program you choose).

Using AutoHotKeys the only border showing is the small FSX menu bar at the top of the screen. It can be hidden/shown by pressing the ALT key.

Yet, what would you do it for? Why not just using the full screen?

Thanks,

The menus don't work in fullscreen mode when using Windows 10. And ALT+TAB is much quicker and way more reliable in windowed mode.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

The menus don't work in fullscreen mode when using Windows 10. And ALT+TAB is much quicker and way more reliable in windowed mode.

What menus?!! FSX-SE menus! really?? Or this is about Prepar3d?

PS: I've just upgraded to Win 10, and am in the process of installing FSX-SE (with dx10fixer). Do you mean I won't be able to go to say FSUIPC menu if in full screen? Geeez

Thanks,

Some multi-monitor setups require the main screen remain in window format and not use exclusive mode. Any app that can remove the border and caption of maximized FSX window is useful for that at least.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Some multi-monitor setups require the main screen remain in window format and not use exclusive mode. Any app that can remove the border and caption of maximized FSX window is useful for that at least.

Ok, I see. That's why I use a large main monitor +2 monitors for networked computers. In combination with Imput Director it works best for me. I didn't like video extentions to secondary monitors since fs9, I believe, or was it fs2002, where it worked best.

Thanks.